Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2023, 02:04 PM

4,303 posts, read 5,987,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrunner77 View Post
Per the Mayor's State of Cary Address -given on 1/25/23

The Gurkan’s service station has been sold and plans are in place to convert it into a restaurant.

https://www.townofcary.org/mayor-cou.../state-of-cary
Yeah, the mayor mentioned it in his blog a couple of months ago and I included it here. I'd eventually like to see something more substantial at this prime corner, but I'll definitely take a restaurant over an auto repair shop as an interim solution. Rendering from November:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2023, 02:20 PM

2,503 posts, read 3,540,278 times
I'd seen a Town Council item about the trolleys, but:
"To help people move from one area of downtown to another, two trolleys were purchased and should begin operating this year."
Would this be like R-Line? A parking lot shuttle? Just for Lazy Daze and Page-Walker guided tours? I guess we'll find out!

Old 01-30-2023, 02:51 PM

812 posts, read 831,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
Yeah, the mayor mentioned it in his blog a couple of months ago and I included it here. I'd eventually like to see something more substantial at this prime corner, but I'll definitely take a restaurant over an auto repair shop as an interim solution. Rendering from November:
Maybe something ala the Tap Station in Apex... or another actual Tap Station -from the local restaurant group that does Mason Jar, Scratch. The current/original Tap Station is in a re-purposed gas station near DT Apex.

Old 01-30-2023, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Maybe something ala the Tap Station in Apex... or another actual Tap Station -from the local restaurant group that does Mason Jar, Scratch. The current/original Tap Station is in a re-purposed gas station near DT Apex.
The property was purchased by Bill Zahn in mid-2021 under an entity called City Station LLC, hence the "CS" branding on the restaurant rendering. Have not seen any sign of who he might be partnering with to run it though.

Old 11-16-2023, 08:46 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,901,054 times
Ok y’all … New DT park opening Sunday. This is huge! I’m tough on Cary (justifiably so) for a number of things, but I will say, this park is gonna be one of the best initiatives it has ever carried out. Cary does parks and green space pretty well.

https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-new...ration-sunday/

Who’s going? Can’t wait to check it out!

Old 11-16-2023, 09:00 AM

180 posts, read 96,277 times
In late September we ummmmm, snuck into the DT Cary Park. It is a very nice park.

Old 11-16-2023, 09:23 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,901,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN56T View Post
In late September we ummmmm, snuck into the DT Cary Park. It is a very nice park.
What?!! Lol how’d y’all do that?!! Lol

Thanks for the heads up about how nice it is lol

Old 11-16-2023, 04:44 PM

361 posts, read 224,600 times
Quote:
In Chapel Hill there's a bar called "Franklin Motors" Beer Garden. It used to be Franklin St Motors, a small independent car dealer. It's a cool spot that pays homage to the history of the building and incorporates that into it's design.

Old 11-16-2023, 07:10 PM

6,376 posts, read 5,490,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codygreen View Post
In Chapel Hill there's a bar called "Franklin Motors" Beer Garden. It used to be Franklin St Motors, a small independent car dealer. It's a cool spot that pays homage to the history of the building and incorporates that into it's design.
Yep that is a cool concept and both are cool spots...ditto MotorCo in downtown Durham.

Old 11-16-2023, 08:40 PM

Gurkan's is going to be City Station, an oyster bar plus a few tables inside and then a bunch of tables outside. Looks like the pergola on the left in the above rendering may have been removed from the plans, but the one on the right would still be constructed.

Substantial addition around the back and side will probably triple the square footage of the existing building, which is quite small. The developers had proposed a design that would blend the addition into the original building, but Cary wants them to look independent for historic preservation purposes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary