Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2023, 04:50 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,764,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paytonc View Post
I'd seen a Town Council item about the trolleys, but:
"To help people move from one area of downtown to another, two trolleys were purchased and should begin operating this year."
Would this be like R-Line? A parking lot shuttle? Just for Lazy Daze and Page-Walker guided tours? I guess we'll find out!
This is dead. Evidently, they purchased the trolleys without realizing they did not meet ADA access requirements or something and they are returning them. Was a cool idea though. Maybe they will be able to find some other vehicle that can work at some point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2023, 08:14 AM

180 posts, read 96,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
What?!! Lol how’d y’all do that?!! Lol

Thanks for the heads up about how nice it is lol
We were walking by and saw that a gate was open so we walked right on in.

Old 11-17-2023, 09:01 AM

4,304 posts, read 5,989,186 times
I haven't been by there yet today, but supposedly the park should be open starting this morning. They were taking the fencing down yesterday, and provided they got that all done, it should be ready to go.

Old 11-20-2023, 10:45 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
I haven't been by there yet today, but supposedly the park should be open starting this morning. They were taking the fencing down yesterday, and provided they got that all done, it should be ready to go.
We walked through on Saturday (were with bikes, but they needed to be walked, waaaay too crowded to be riding) and the place was popping with people and quite impressive. I think it will do a lot for Cary Developmnet, and is a nice addition to our town.

Old 11-20-2023, 10:51 AM

363 posts, read 225,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
We walked through on Saturday (were with bikes, but they needed to be walked, waaaay too crowded to be riding) and the place was popping with people and quite impressive. I think it will do a lot for Cary Developmnet, and is a nice addition to our town.
It sure would be nice if we could get something like that in Chapel Hill but all that green space would reduce our population density.

Old 11-20-2023, 12:27 PM

6,378 posts, read 5,494,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codygreen View Post
It sure would be nice if we could get something like that in Chapel Hill but all that green space would reduce our population density.
Huh?

Bolin Creek , Cedar Falls, Umstead, Homestead, Southern Village, Carolina North Forest, Morgan Creek....

There are plenty of things its fair to be critical of for CH... "lack of parks and greenspace"....ain't one of 'em.

Old 11-20-2023, 02:51 PM

363 posts, read 225,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Huh?

Bolin Creek , Cedar Falls, Umstead, Homestead, Southern Village, Carolina North Forest, Morgan Creek....

There are plenty of things its fair to be critical of for CH... "lack of parks and greenspace"....ain't one of 'em.
There isn't a decent park within walking distance of downtown and I haven't seen a new park created since I moved here in 2007. The Southern Village & Morgan Creek trails are impossible to find parking on the weekends. Cary might be a sprawling suburb but they've got some great trails and several nice parks that any city in NC would be envious of.

Old 02-08-2024, 10:12 AM

Ashworth Drugs has closed after ~66 years in business at the crossroads of downtown Cary. I want to say I'm surprised, but I think their limited hours hindered their ability to take advantage of the revitalization of downtown.

Sad to see an institution like that close down, but I also hadn't set foot in there in many years since my kids' preschool days in the area.

Old 02-08-2024, 01:19 PM

43,283 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
Ashworth Drugs has closed after ~66 years in business at the crossroads of downtown Cary. I want to say I'm surprised, but I think their limited hours hindered their ability to take advantage of the revitalization of downtown.

Sad to see an institution like that close down, but I also hadn't set foot in there in many years since my kids' preschool days in the area.
Aren't they selling off the shopping center for redevelopment already?
Maybe the store building, too, if they got an offer too good to rationalize continuing to work retail?

Old 02-08-2024, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Aren't they selling off the shopping center for redevelopment already?
Maybe the store building, too, if they got an offer too good to rationalize continuing to work retail?
My understanding is that the one-story Ashworth Village building with Once in a Blue Moon in it is being torn down and replaced with a two-story building to sort of match the other building in the complex. I assumed the Ashworth family was retaining ownership and redeveloping it themselves, but I don't know that for sure.

Anybody wanting to do anything significant to the Ashworth Drugs building is going to have a high bar with the town I'm sure, given its prominence and history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary