Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 02:23 PM

703 posts, read 783,132 times

Advertisements

Ok, let me take this thread in a little different direction... I see that the article refers to the Morgan Street Foodhall opening up this spring. Sounds like a cool thing - kinda maybe like a brick-and-mortar food truck rodeo. I just visited their website, but there's no hints as to who some of the food vendors might be. Given a spring opening, I gotta believe that they've already secured at least several tenants. Does anyone have any more information about who might be going in here? I did see an article somewhere that said that Ed Mitchell's Que was one of the first to sign on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 03:55 PM

420 posts, read 453,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr3stripe View Post
Ok, let me take this thread in a little different direction... I see that the article refers to the Morgan Street Foodhall opening up this spring. Sounds like a cool thing - kinda maybe like a brick-and-mortar food truck rodeo. I just visited their website, but there's no hints as to who some of the food vendors might be. Given a spring opening, I gotta believe that they've already secured at least several tenants. Does anyone have any more information about who might be going in here? I did see an article somewhere that said that Ed Mitchell's Que was one of the first to sign on.
We have seen advertisements for the Foodhall as well and we are excited about it but have wondered the same thing. Have been unable to find more specific info. There are places like this in the bigger cities and it is a very cool concept.

Old 01-26-2017, 04:05 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,633,507 times
It's completely bizarre and upside down as is everything is seems so far this year.

Raleigh is great. Not a vacation hotspot.

Old 01-26-2017, 04:23 PM

265 posts, read 270,664 times
I like Raleigh a lot. But that list is absurd. Raleigh known for it's food scene??? There was more quality when I lived in South Bend then there is here, and I didn't think that was possible.

Its a great place to live for a variety of reasons (Job opportunities, cost of living, climate, elite level of outdoor activities including the greenways, parks, and lakes, great airport, little traffic, relaxing and clean downtown on a human scale, etc., etc. etc.) The food scene is actually one of the biggest negatives which was ironically the only thing they talked about in the article.

And when anybody asks me to come visit, I say wait until the summer and we'll go straight to the beach.

Old 01-26-2017, 04:41 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,778,829 times
Without a doubt it is the fact we have the safest restrooms in the country. The people have spoken !! Thank you ex-Governor Patrick Lloyd McCrory

Old 01-26-2017, 06:13 PM

2,863 posts, read 4,688,076 times
I mean, it's not like the Ernest Borgnine fan club is still active here...

Old 01-27-2017, 04:19 AM

464 posts, read 524,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Lan View Post
I'd like to see this too. While we enjoy the area I just don't see an anchor downtown to pull anyone in from afar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel_Dent View Post
Personally I think it epitomizes "Great place to live but wouldn't want to visit there."

I just don't see people thinking, "Well, for our family vacation this year we could visit Chicago or San Francisco or... Hey, I know! Let's visit Raleigh! I hear they have a growing bicycle network!"
Well it seems people do think like that...shocking

Continue hating though.

Last edited by epicene101; 01-27-2017 at 04:27 AM..

Old 01-27-2017, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamenguista View Post
I like Raleigh a lot. But that list is absurd. Raleigh known for it's food scene??? There was more quality when I lived in South Bend then there is here, and I didn't think that was possible.

Its a great place to live for a variety of reasons (Job opportunities, cost of living, climate, elite level of outdoor activities including the greenways, parks, and lakes, great airport, little traffic, relaxing and clean downtown on a human scale, etc., etc. etc.) The food scene is actually one of the biggest negatives which was ironically the only thing they talked about in the article.

And when anybody asks me to come visit, I say wait until the summer and we'll go straight to the beach.
The food scene is great here

Continue hating though.

Old 01-27-2017, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
Forbes Welcome

I'm sorry but Raleigh doesn't belong on that list! No hate here, just the truth. If they wanted to pick a Southern destination city I'd think that Charleston would have been much better. Meanwhile I'll be planning a trip to Oahu or Bali...
All hate there lol. Easy to see babe.

Old 01-27-2017, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Lan View Post
I'd like to see this too. While we enjoy the area I just don't see an anchor downtown to pull anyone in from afar.
Of course you don't

The downplaying is real when it comes to Raleigh lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary