Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 05:07 AM

43,378 posts, read 77,299,991 times

Advertisements

Forbes?
Why not the National Perspirer?

Forbes vacated all notion of credibility with their lists a long time ago.
Says a Cary resident who lives in Forbes' Ever-Lovin' Top Town for Taupe in the Charted Galaxy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 05:50 AM

265 posts, read 270,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicene101 View Post
The food scene is great here

Continue hating though.
Hate on what? I like living here. But I have lived in every part of this country and 2 places outside of it. I have the experience and the perspective to give an informed opinion on the respective food.

It might be harsh to say, but there is little culture with food and drink here. It's very apparent. And judging by your post, you contribute to this problem like an abused wife always returning for more punishment. Maybe it's because you have no reference, or maybe it's because you are one of the unfortunates who just can't decipher the difference.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:53 PM

420 posts, read 453,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Forbes?
Why not the National Perspirer?

Forbes vacated all notion of credibility with their lists a long time ago.
Says a Cary resident who lives in Forbes' Ever-Lovin' Top Town for Taupe in the Charted Galaxy.
Oh Mike, you made me laugh with this as I sit with my house magazines on the table beside me!!

Old 01-27-2017, 06:03 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,515,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
The food scene will be complete once there's at least more than 1 good restaurant in each cuisine type.
I agree. The area is lacking in good Caribbean, African abd Middle Eastern (not Indian) cuisine, that's for sure. I think there's a few Ethiopian joints around but only 1 is decent. There's only 1 Persian place and it's nothing special. I think 3 or 4 Caribbean joints, the 2 we've tried haven't been impressive. There certainly is a plethora of Chinese, Indian (Asian in general) and Mexican food though.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:51 PM

464 posts, read 524,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamenguista View Post
Hate on what? I like living here. But I have lived in every part of this country and 2 places outside of it. I have the experience and the perspective to give an informed opinion on the respective food.

It might be harsh to say, but there is little culture with food and drink here. It's very apparent. And judging by your post, you contribute to this problem like an abused wife always returning for more punishment. Maybe it's because you have no reference, or maybe it's because you are one of the unfortunates who just can't decipher the difference.
Bye

It's not "harsh" it's just a straight up lie babe.

Like I said, the food scene is great here.

Forbes agrees

Everything else you posted is irrelevant to me

Old 01-27-2017, 07:06 PM

6,658 posts, read 5,609,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicene101 View Post
Bye

It's not "harsh" it's just a straight up lie babe.

Like I said, the food scene is great here.

Forbes agrees

Everything else you posted is irrelevant to me
Huh? It seems like you're the only person in this thread that actually agrees with Forbes.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:08 PM

6,658 posts, read 5,609,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I so don't agree with this view into our culinary options. Pubs, Italian, Chinese, burgers, pizza, sandwiches, Mediterranean, steak.... there are so many options within each of those popular categories to choose from.
Well just having varying restaurants is something any city can have (at least I would hope so). Raleigh/Durham certainly have options. Having great and recognizable restaurants in many different culinary options is what would make a city stand out from a culinary level - at least to be recognized as one of the top ones in the US.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:09 PM

599 posts, read 334,414 times
First I thought this was a list of Top 12 Travel Destinations in the US, and I already thought Raleigh probably didn't belong on there. Then I saw it was a list of Top 12 Travel Destinations in the World.
I mean, I like Raleigh, but.. no.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:22 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,621,861 times
I think we have a really good food scene but agree with earlier poster that we need more of one restaurant of a type. And a food scene worthy of being named a top 12 travel destination in the world?!

What ?!?!

Nooooo.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:02 AM

2,863 posts, read 4,684,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin3904 View Post
First I thought this was a list of Top 12 Travel Destinations in the US, and I already thought Raleigh probably didn't belong on there. Then I saw it was a list of Top 12 Travel Destinations in the World.
I mean, I like Raleigh, but.. no.

I know, right! I live 15 miles from Raleigh and it has been my destination less than 20 times in 20 years.

EDIT: I'm referring to the actual downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary