Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 03:03 PM

1,527 posts, read 1,481,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Again, didn't you say you're not from here? As in a transplant? I am a multi-generational NC native. Don't use "our", when talking about MY state.
After 28 years, NC is my state.

This flow of overpaid transplants is ruining Raleigh with overcrowding, increased taxes, and unbelievable rudeness on the roads.

The junk apartments and homes being built for them is ruining many nice areas and will soon degrade into slums.

So, why do so many people not in development want these people to come to Raleigh?

Fancy stores and bars do not compensate for the problems created by uncontrolled growth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2017, 05:04 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalBlvd View Post

This flow of overpaid transplants is ruining Raleigh with overcrowding, increased taxes, and unbelievable rudeness on the roads.

The junk apartments and homes being built for them is ruining many nice areas and will soon degrade into slums.

So, why do so many people not in development want these people to come to Raleigh?

Fancy stores and bars do not compensate for the problems created by uncontrolled growth.
Seeing as you are completely against development or urban living or any sort of human contact with nobody but your own self, maybe this isn't the forum for you. Not to be mean, but you know from these comments you are making, you are going to get push back like the last page and come across as a troll. I don't think that. I think, however, this is a great example of what some REALLY think socially. Thank you for demonstrating that.

Old 03-24-2017, 05:37 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,768,819 times
Quote:

I can absolutely promise you that when you came here 28 years ago, people were saying the EXACT same things you are now, like saying they'd wish all the transplants would go back. Because I heard it. And even before that, they said the same thing when the first wave of IBMers came in the 60s because my parents heard that.

Old 03-25-2017, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Seeing as you are completely against development or urban living or any sort of human contact with nobody but your own self, maybe this isn't the forum for you. Not to be mean, but you know from these comments you are making, you are going to get push back like the last page and come across as a troll. I don't think that. I think, however, this is a great example of what some REALLY think socially. Thank you for demonstrating that.
Not against development at all after living in Manhattan for 10 years.

At least Manhattan had rail transit and was not constantly growing.

I experienced stupid growth (NC style) in Long Island and saw a nice area turn to crap. That's why growth needs to be stifled before it is irreversible.

Old 03-25-2017, 07:42 AM

265 posts, read 270,037 times
Quote:

I experienced stupid growth (NC style) in Long Island and saw a nice area turn to crap. That's why growth needs to be stifled before it is irreversible.
Ah, I get it now. But this suddenly makes you and all of your past posts wildly hypocritical. I hope you do see that.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:13 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,261,994 times
Quote:

Then be part of the "solution" and leave.

Old 03-26-2017, 07:46 AM

1,733 posts, read 2,423,294 times
If you don't like what is happening to Raleigh, drive 45 minutes in just about any direction to get away from it. Nobody is forcing you to live anywhere.

Old 03-26-2017, 11:06 AM

4,254 posts, read 3,176,299 times
Quote:

What you want is controlled growth with a good plan. I've lived and been to many areas where there is no or very minimal growth. That is something you don't really want. Talk about "slums!"

Old 03-26-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
What you want is controlled growth with a good plan. I've lived and been to many areas where there is no or very minimal growth. That is something you don't really want. Talk about "slums!"
What disgusts me is the ignorant soliciting of unneeded residents and business to relocate in areas like the Triangle where infrastructure cannot handle the burden they impose.

Now, other counties are in need of jobs, so these are the areas where development should be steered.

People or businesses coming to the Triangle should pay up front for the load they impose on all taxpayers.

Old 03-26-2017, 12:52 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,988 times
Quote:
What disgusts me is the ignorant soliciting of unneeded residents and business to relocate in areas like the Triangle where infrastructure cannot handle the burden they impose.

Now, other counties are in need of jobs, so these are the areas where development should be steered.

People or businesses coming to the Triangle should pay up front for the load they impose on all taxpayers.
What you proposed makes no sense. Just being honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary