Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 06:16 AM

1,236 posts, read 1,399,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StMichael929 View Post
just need a home depot or lowes in that area now....
THANK YOOOOUUUUUU!!!! Been thinking that for literally a year!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2017, 07:03 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No2Monsanto View Post
THANK YOOOOUUUUUU!!!! Been thinking that for literally a year!
I think there's a greater need for that than a craft store, really.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:27 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,768,819 times
I’m amazed they didn’t try to open holiday season. Wonder if the construction got behind or if they just figure this way, they can send normal merchandise only to the store with no need to worry about seasonal stuff and it would be easier to train staff in a less busy time.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:43 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,728,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
I’m amazed they didn’t try to open holiday season. Wonder if the construction got behind or if they just figure this way, they can send normal merchandise only to the store with no need to worry about seasonal stuff and it would be easier to train staff in a less busy time.
It is kind of perplexing considering the holiday season would seem to be a boom of business for a store like that. Personally it's the one time of year I would even go to a store like that, as I'm not normally in that frame of mind. I'm a holiday decorating freak.

With that said, there might be other business reasons. Maybe they don't want to stock a new store with holiday swag and deal with the logistics / excess stock, plus deal with the employee costs of having to hire purely seasonal workers at a new location -- on top of normal staffing concerns.

The more I think about it, the more it starts to make sense for them to not open until January from a business / operating cost perspective.

Old 11-20-2017, 01:15 PM

163 posts, read 154,746 times
My kids were in track out camp over there at Zaniac about a month ago. From what progress I could see, I was convinced it wouldn't open until spring.

Old 11-20-2017, 01:22 PM

498 posts, read 854,357 times
I heard it he opening was delayed due to the Town of Cary.

Also, is crafting not a hobby? Knitting? Sewing? If building a model airplane is a hobby, then isn't building a doll house a hobby? They do have supplies to build doll houses (shingles, door frames, and such) and stained glass. I thought a hobby was something you did in your spare time.

Old 11-20-2017, 02:27 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,728,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVAlicia View Post
Also, is crafting not a hobby? Knitting? Sewing? If building a model airplane is a hobby, then isn't building a doll house a hobby? They do have supplies to build doll houses (shingles, door frames, and such) and stained glass. I thought a hobby was something you did in your spare time.
It totally is a hobby. Anything can really be a hobby -- some things are just more obvious to people than others.

I used to paint ceramic model "village" houses when I was younger (I was/am a weird kid) and considered it a hobby.

Old 11-20-2017, 04:27 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,831,844 times
I saw the title and got excited for a moment but then remembered that "Parkside" is not "Park West."

I live a couple minutes from Park West. Truth is, Crossroads isn't that far, but I just don't like going there. Avoid it whenever possible. Why do AC Moore, Michael's, AND JoAnn all need to be in the exact same shopping center anyway? Parkside is a pretty long trip from central Cary, too, so this doesn't help much.

With Gander Mountain and Stein Mart both gone from Park West/Park Place, and no Hobby Lobby anywhere nearby until now, I was hoping they might move in there and fill one of the vacancies... but, ah well.

Old 11-20-2017, 05:28 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,768,819 times
A Michaels would be good somewhere around Morrisvlle that’s for sure. I wonder what kind of place they are targeting for the old Gander Mtn Space. It’s in the other section of Park West where they are trying to be a little more upscale, so I wouldn’t be shocked if they wanted something nicer.

Old 11-21-2017, 01:30 AM

610 posts, read 746,459 times
I would *love* a Michaels or even better, a Joann's in Park West.

Most of their overpriced boutique-type places in Park West just don't work for me.

We go to the Michaels up at Brier Creek. That works out since we eat out up there every now and then but going to Joann's is a PITA as we loathe the Crossroads area. Traffic sucks and the layout of the part where Michaels is, is horrible. At least getting in and out of the part where Joann's is isn't as bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary