Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2017, 10:34 AM

4,557 posts, read 3,756,246 times

Advertisements

I have been a customer of Fairway Home Detailing for a good while now, for their power washing services every year. Now, this is a company that people all across the Triangle have recommended for house cleaning and have very good reviews. Now, they are moving to a "Member's Only" program which costs $2999 a year, and it has caused quite a storm of opposition. The owner said this is a "new wave" of house maintenance and we can call them for "anything"

Did anyone else use Fairway for house cleaning? Their Member's only program for 3k includes the following for an UNLIMITED amount. (I copied and pasted this so hopefully the format is okay.
  • House washing
  • Window cleaning
  • Deck washing
  • Gutter cleaning
  • Driveway, paver, & patio washing
  • Roof washing
  • Light fixture cleaning & bulb changing
  • Outdoor furniture washing
  • Miscellaneous pressure washing
  • Carpet cleaning & protecting
  • Tile floor & grout cleaning & sealing
  • Upholstery cleaning
  • Granite counter cleaning & sealing
  • Smoke detector battery changeouts
  • 2 yearly interior & exterior home inspections
  • 4 hours of repair from our professional handymen
>>The problem here is, this is VERY expensive at $3000 a year. (They say it's a $4900 value). Are they really going to come an unlimited time every time I call them? Are their handymen any good? Are their carpet cleaning and tile cleaning any good? Are they better than the companies that only focus on carpet cleaning like Zerorez, Stanley, Green Zone, etc? Are they just trying to get more money from customers in a very tough and competitive environment?

I'm posting this because I am being forced to doing the Member's only program. They are only doing that now. I really liked Fairway Home Detailing but this seems suspicious.

Members Only Program - Raleigh, NC | Fairway Home Detailing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2017, 11:12 AM

792 posts, read 4,489,020 times
Wow! $3k seems like A LOT to spend on those items per year. Do people really get carpet, tile/grout, and granite cleaned every year? Just curious, how much have you been spending with them per year in the past?

Last edited by dedratermi; 04-01-2017 at 11:27 AM..

Old 04-01-2017, 11:19 AM

6,655 posts, read 5,592,274 times
The best way to voice your displeasure is by taking your wallet somewhere else

Pine State Power Washing is a power washing company people in my neighborhood like - https://pinestatepw.com

Old 04-01-2017, 12:45 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,454,017 times
This program seems geared towards those homeowners who want to contract with one company and have them take care of everything. It's actually a pretty good idea and they should also include packages with maid/laundry service as well.

Personally I wouldn't touch a program like that with a 10 ft pole as I have plenty of time on my hands (very fortunate) and the few hours a year I spend pressure washing my house and driveway isn't worth $3k and as an adult I have (finally) figured out how to change light bulbs myself.

I used CPC Carpet Cleaning in the past. They are more expensive than others but I found one of their techs (Mark I believe) to be absolutely amazing with protecting the walls from dings with the hose and they use a Rotovac head which cleans extremely well compared to the standard run of the mill carpet cleaning companies.

Old 04-01-2017, 01:49 PM

166 posts, read 163,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
I have been a customer of Fairway Home Detailing for a good while now, for their power washing services every year. Now, this is a company that people all across the Triangle have recommended for house cleaning and have very good reviews. Now, they are moving to a "Member's Only" program which costs $2999 a year, and it has caused quite a storm of opposition. The owner said this is a "new wave" of house maintenance and we can call them for "anything"

Did anyone else use Fairway for house cleaning? Their Member's only program for 3k includes the following for an UNLIMITED amount. (I copied and pasted this so hopefully the format is okay.
  • House washing
  • Window cleaning
  • Deck washing
  • Gutter cleaning
  • Driveway, paver, & patio washing
  • Roof washing
  • Light fixture cleaning & bulb changing
  • Outdoor furniture washing
  • Miscellaneous pressure washing
  • Carpet cleaning & protecting
  • Tile floor & grout cleaning & sealing
  • Upholstery cleaning
  • Granite counter cleaning & sealing
  • Smoke detector battery changeouts
  • 2 yearly interior & exterior home inspections
  • 4 hours of repair from our professional handymen
>>The problem here is, this is VERY expensive at $3000 a year. (They say it's a $4900 value). Are they really going to come an unlimited time every time I call them? Are their handymen any good? Are their carpet cleaning and tile cleaning any good? Are they better than the companies that only focus on carpet cleaning like Zerorez, Stanley, Green Zone, etc? Are they just trying to get more money from customers in a very tough and competitive environment?

I'm posting this because I am being forced to doing the Member's only program. They are only doing that now. I really liked Fairway Home Detailing but this seems suspicious.

Members Only Program - Raleigh, NC | Fairway Home Detailing
The only way a cost of $3000 per year per member even begins to make sense is maybe if the member owns 5 homes.

Does anyone currently pay $250 per MONTH for pressure washing? How often does a home need to be pressure washed or gutters cleaned? Most of the individual items on that list are simply a component of pressure washing and need to be done maybe once every couple of years at a cost of $200-400? (just guessing). They've just itemized each one separately to give the impression you're getting a long list of unlimited service. What they've tried to do is obvious by the fact they list almost every possible pressure washing possibility, then add "miscellaneous pressure washing" as an additional benefit! Gutter cleaning probably averages $85 maybe twice a year for most homes.

How many pressure washers does it take to change a light bulb? LEDs can last for decades before needing changing. Spend a few dollars on a bottle of granite cleaner and sealer, 5 minutes of your time and be done with it. Buy a steam cleaner if your carpets really need to be cleaned that often.

I hope you and every other former customer send them a nasty note for trying to sell pressure wash insurance for 3 grand a year, and insulting their intelligence by saying its a 5 grand value.

And, above all, take your business elsewhere.

Old 04-01-2017, 02:47 PM

22,669 posts, read 36,804,509 times
Are you seriously going to do all of that every year in/to your home? This seems geared towards wealthy seniors who want to have someone at their beck and call to do stuff they aren't able to do. My parents have someone come in do some stuff they just can't manage anymore. But I can tell you no way in hell would they pay that freight, even though they could. They have to make a profit on this program, and this company knows darn well what the dollar amount to charge for that is. They also need to get enough suckers I mean member to sign up for it. You can bet if they don't - the price goes up.

PS You aren't being forced to do anything. There are plenty of other companies around that can do that just as well.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:16 PM

715 posts, read 889,246 times
I laughed when I received the e-mail and watched the video since Chris is a nice guy with a great business.

Not worth the money IMO and will find someone else to do my pressure washing.

Old 04-01-2017, 06:44 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
I wouldn't rake a business over the coals as you people have for such an offer.

If they are truly awesome, and constantly booked for power-washing and whatever else they currently do, here's a way to get preferred treatment.

Depending upon the size of your home, it could be of value, for the preferred treatment from a company you trust (to the extent you don't have to be home to supervise them) and provides good service.

So if the amount they seek to charge exceeds their value to you, then find another source and move along. But nobody is "forced to" use them, and why would you choose to disparage them just based on price?

Old 04-01-2017, 07:59 PM

166 posts, read 163,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I wouldn't rake a business over the coals as you people have for such an offer.

If they are truly awesome, and constantly booked for power-washing and whatever else they currently do, here's a way to get preferred treatment.

Depending upon the size of your home, it could be of value, for the preferred treatment from a company you trust (to the extent you don't have to be home to supervise them) and provides good service.

So if the amount they seek to charge exceeds their value to you, then find another source and move along. But nobody is "forced to" use them, and why would you choose to disparage them just based on price?
Well because there is such a thing as charging a premium price for premium service, then there is highway robbery, and this smells of the latter.

As far as why not just quietly find another source? Well because many folks are tired of seeing good companies succumb to the trend of these unnecessary "service plans", and just get fed up whenever we see it happen. Whatever happened to an honest days work for an honest days pay?

What this company is doing is basically providing a $3,000 insurance policy against needing emergency pressure washing services, grout cleaning or light bulb changing. They don't even provide a guarantee to be on the spot within the hour if you should find some mildew on your yard gnomes, and find yourself gasping in horror and need some help.

So, by discussing it here, we stand a chance that someone will paste the link to this thread into their online form, and maybe we can save them before it's too late.

Many businesses switch to this "pay up front" model in order to pack their pockets right before they shutter the business, or sell it to a new owner that basically makes it a new corporation without honoring the debts of the prior owner. So it smells of scam on multiple levels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary