Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 06:39 PM

197 posts, read 208,229 times

Advertisements

so... let's say for whatever reason she wanted to disappear. She could have disappeared quietly. Like, in the middle of the night while roommates are sleeping or simply not coming home after work. But she decided to disappear during her work shift at an international airport. Almost like she wanted it to be on the news or something.

I like this hypothesis. Like everyone said, renting a heli and searching around Falls Lake area only was super odd. Maybe it was merely to show that they made an effort... mmm curious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
I know it could be any of tons of reasons but I like to ponder the possibilities..

What if she, her roommate & her friend decided on the scheme and the plan was for there to be
a reward and then the roommate and friend would find her & claim the reward and they all split it..
They have both made sure that the news knew that they searched the airport parking lot and
hired a helicopter.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:27 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Quote:
One other thing that seems odd.
Her family is still in Ca "awaiting any news"

Most parents would be on the first flight here to help search.
Yes! I like your other theory. Interesting!

Old 06-30-2017, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
If they have the means to be on the first flight. Last minute cross-country air travel ain't exactly cheap. Let's not pass judgement just yet.
You must not be a parent. If my child were missing across the country, paying for a flight would be the VERY LAST thing on my mind.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I hope LE was able to determine it was really her at the gas station and I hope they were able to determine, with a high confidence level, she wasn't kidnapped or carjacked.
Her friends were able to distinguish her exact demeanor according to their statements on the news tonight, and she that her eyes were red from crying, so I'm sure LE was able to determine it was really her.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:31 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,003,675 times
Quote:
If they have the means to be on the first flight. Last minute cross-country air travel ain't exactly cheap. Let's not pass judgement just yet.
In a normal family nothing would keep a mom from
being here. I would beg, borrow or steal to be here.
Hitchhike if necessary.
Now there may be medical issues so I won't
declare mom LOSER of the year quite yet

Old 06-30-2017, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
You must not be a parent. If my child were missing across the country, paying for a flight would be the VERY LAST thing on my mind.
We are thinking alike I see !

Old 06-30-2017, 09:37 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
If you simply don't have the money, that would make flying a little difficult. Airlines like to get paid. Perhaps you have the means, but not everyone does.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:39 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
In a normal family nothing would keep a mom from
being here. I would beg, borrow or steal to be here.
Hitchhike if necessary.
Now there may be medical issues so I won't
declare mom LOSER of the year quite yet
Borrow might be a possibility, if they know someone who can help. Stealing, I'm sure you will agree, isn't a realistic option. I'm sure Landing in jail would not help the situation. And hitchhiking would take far longer than the couple of days that has passed.

Simply saying that we don't know their situation. They may be actively trying to raise the funds.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:31 PM

Quote:
I would beg, borrow or steal to be here.
Quote:
Borrow might be a possibility, if they know someone who can help. Stealing, I'm sure you will agree, isn't a realistic option. I'm sure Landing in jail would not help the situation.
It's a figure of speech

Old 07-01-2017, 03:02 AM

1,527 posts, read 1,479,878 times
If she were being kidnapped, all she needed to do would be to lock the door when she entered the restroom and scream for the clerk to summon help.

Perhaps she suffered a psychological problem and was not thinking clearly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary