Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 06:10 PM

5,134 posts, read 3,747,404 times

Advertisements

I currently have a 3 part bundle phone internet and TV with Direct TV/ATT. I will pay $130 monthly for the next 18 months being 6 months in. I know that they jack the rates after 2 years have no intention of paying what they will ask though I love the TV. One tethered box and 3 extra boxes I can plug in anywhere I please.

Can I use my old Ma Bell phones with a service like Magic Jack?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 08:05 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,254,136 times
No need to even call, just Google " twc internet and cable " and on their packages page the "double play" packages are described in full glory: https://www.spectrum.com/packages?v=1&cmp=TWC

All you need to do is ignore the huge ad and scroll to the tiny text at the bottom.

But personally I don't see a point to get such package as pretty much everything is available online or just OTA.

Old 07-12-2017, 05:55 AM

650 posts, read 929,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
I currently have a 3 part bundle phone internet and TV with Direct TV/ATT. I will pay $130 monthly for the next 18 months being 6 months in. I know that they jack the rates after 2 years have no intention of paying what they will ask though I love the TV. One tethered box and 3 extra boxes I can plug in anywhere I please.

Can I use my old Ma Bell phones with a service like Magic Jack?
Yes. I use Magic Jack to back feed three phones in a two story house.

Old 07-12-2017, 11:39 AM

171 posts, read 447,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelenap View Post
No need to even call, just Google " twc internet and cable " and on their packages page the "double play" packages are described in full glory: https://www.spectrum.com/packages?v=1&cmp=TWC

All you need to do is ignore the huge ad and scroll to the tiny text at the bottom.

But personally I don't see a point to get such package as pretty much everything is available online or just OTA.
Thanks!

So their "double play" is $90/mo + $6/mo for set top box rental. It will be less expensive to stay with my current Spectrum internet-only service for $45/mo and add in a streaming service like Sling or Playstation Vue.

Old 07-12-2017, 11:47 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
Thanks!

So their "double play" is $90/mo + $6/mo for set top box rental. It will be less expensive to stay with my current Spectrum internet-only service for $45/mo and add in a streaming service like Sling or Playstation Vue.
Out of curiosity, what is the speed on that $45/mo? I'm paying $60 for Extreme (I think is 50/5?)

Old 07-12-2017, 01:15 PM

171 posts, read 447,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Out of curiosity, what is the speed on that $45/mo? I'm paying $60 for Extreme (I think is 50/5?)
$45/mo for Extreme (50mbps).

If you use the link above, you'll see that for new customers, Spectrum Internet (100mpbs) is $45/mo.

Sounds like we both need to get on that deal - faster service at lower cost for you, and faster service at same cost for me.

Old 07-12-2017, 01:48 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
$45/mo for Extreme (50mbps).

If you use the link above, you'll see that for new customers, Spectrum Internet (100mpbs) is $45/mo.

Sounds like we both need to get on that deal - faster service at lower cost for you, and faster service at same cost for me.
Thanks. I'm satisfied with the 50/5, I just need to call them to get the price lowered. I'm clearly overpaying.

Old 07-12-2017, 06:30 PM

545 posts, read 1,604,677 times
Will that $45/mo go up after the first year? If Centurylink won't let me switch to the new $45/month plan (25 MBPS), then I wnat to switch to Spectrum at home. I already have it at the beach, but it's the $14.99 everyday low price plan I got under TWC (only 3 MBPS speed but that's fine for weekends net surfing) , and I don't think Spectrum offers that for new addresses.

Old 07-13-2017, 07:08 AM

100 posts, read 110,644 times
Quote:
Anyone know if Spectrum offers an internet + 'skinny' tv bundle? Only thing I see on their website is the 'triple play' bundle of internet, tv and landline phone.

But I know that not everything a cable provider offers is advertised online, so figured I'd check here.
Yes, they do. It's the same price as the "triple play" bundle, though. Hope that helps!

Old 07-13-2017, 11:33 AM

595 posts, read 676,518 times
When we signed up for Spectrum (TWC at the time), I was looking for the same thing. The salesperson asked me if I would take the phone and not use it, since it was $20 cheaper than the double play. I told her that sounded rather ridiculous, but fine. Interesting point by gazania though. I basically switch between AT&T and TWC depending on whoever is offering the better promo rate. When it expires, I go to the other one. A few months back, I finally dumped cable all together and just went with internet. U-Verse was by far the better deal. Since I was an existing customer, TWC/Spectrum had nothing to offer me, so I split. Really such an odd space to do business in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: