Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 06:17 PM

2,844 posts, read 2,979,189 times

Advertisements

https://www.wral.com/raleigh-officia...park/18900895/

Raleigh housing bond this year too

Oh have they lowered them tax rates yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2020, 07:23 PM

735 posts, read 1,585,021 times
Neither Anthony Bronzini nor Jaunte Burwell are home owners in Raleigh yet WRAL felt their opinion was a worthy representation of the city. Great journalism!

Old 01-21-2020, 08:03 PM

4,264 posts, read 4,716,882 times
Quoting the cited WRAL.com item, "Raleigh voters passed a similar park bond in 2014, but the city completed only about half of the planned projects before running out of money." Was the City really that incompetent, or did they deliberately publish too many projects in order to maximize voter support?

Old 01-21-2020, 08:06 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,582,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-xyzzy View Post
Quoting the cited WRAL.com item, "Raleigh voters passed a similar park bond in 2014, but the city completed only about half of the planned projects before running out of money." Was the City really that incompetent, or did they deliberately publish too many projects in order to maximize voter support?

They really are that incompetent. I've been paying attention. I wish others would too.

Old 01-23-2020, 06:21 AM

1,733 posts, read 2,423,681 times
Look at how much they spend on stupid things. Logos, bridge art, sandy forks, sandy forks bong, bike lanes. They do not know how to get things done for an affordable amount of money. I hope everyone enjoyed the 10% tax hike last year, because with our new assessments you better believe tax rates will increase every year to bring in more money. Little by little until we mirror the North East where everyone is escaping from. You move from high tax areas and vote for people with the same ideologies. Not smart.

Think about this. Raleigh spend $226,000 on a logo for the city. A logo that could have been made on Fiverr for $20.

https://abc11.com/2624736/

If you voted for these people you are just as stupid as them. I dont care what party you affiliate with. You need to be voting for people who know how to handle money and get things done without spending all of it.

Old 01-23-2020, 07:36 AM

6,656 posts, read 5,593,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpobill View Post
If you voted for these people you are just as stupid as them. I dont care what party you affiliate with. You need to be voting for people who know how to handle money and get things done without spending all of it.
To be fair, 5 of the 8 Raleigh city council members, including the mayor are new and were just sworn in last month. 3 of the incumbents were voted out last election and the mayor/District A rep decided not to run for re-election.

Old 01-23-2020, 08:15 AM

4,264 posts, read 4,716,882 times
Quote:
If you voted for these people you are just as stupid as them.
Spoken by Winston Churchill on 11 November 1947: "Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time."

I don't think you'll win many converts to your point of view by insulting them.

Old 01-23-2020, 08:30 AM

43,308 posts, read 77,142,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-xyzzy View Post
Spoken by Winston Churchill on 11 November 1947: "Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time."

I don't think you'll win many converts to your point of view by insulting them.

And, of course, Raleigh got Dix land at one heckuva bargain from us, and they had better do it up right!

The reasonable burden of being the Capitol City. Everyone thinks they have a say, including me.

Old 01-23-2020, 08:39 AM

569 posts, read 342,118 times
Quote:
Look at how much they spend on stupid things. Logos, bridge art, sandy forks, sandy forks bong, bike lanes. They do not know how to get things done for an affordable amount of money. I hope everyone enjoyed the 10% tax hike last year, because with our new assessments you better believe tax rates will increase every year to bring in more money. Little by little until we mirror the North East where everyone is escaping from. You move from high tax areas and vote for people with the same ideologies. Not smart.

Think about this. Raleigh spend $226,000 on a logo for the city. A logo that could have been made on Fiverr for $20.

https://abc11.com/2624736/

Those painted bike lanes are rediculous. What a complete waste of taxpayer money.

Old 01-24-2020, 06:55 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,582,663 times
Quote:

The result of voting for a candidate based solely on their party affiliation. Tsk, tsk. Frivolous spending, incompetence and, by the way, how's that democratic Sheriff working out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
To be fair, 5 of the 8 Raleigh city council members, including the mayor are new and were just sworn in last month. 3 of the incumbents were voted out last election and the mayor/District A rep decided not to run for re-election.

Yep, and all are much more liberal than the former members. Again, a result of getting even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post

And, of course, Raleigh got Dix land at one heckuva bargain from us, and they had better do it up right!

The reasonable burden of being the Capitol City. Everyone thinks they have a say, including me.

And the liberal council will end up using very little land for a park. Most will be turned into affordable housing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Raleigh View Post
Those painted bike lanes are rediculous. What a complete waste of taxpayer money.

I'm not a cyclist but am all for the bike lanes. Gives the cyclists a spot on the road and out of my way. Now if the cyclists would use them and follow the laws of the road. Not sure why cyclists think they don't have to stop for stoplights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary