Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2018, 01:00 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,408,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
I don't see anything on WRAL's website that says conclusively that Apple has picked the Triangle, and I haven't seen or read anything anywhere else that says that.
I thought all those wral articles about apple already beginning to scout for employees in the area and what not sealed the deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 01:03 PM

806 posts, read 604,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
I don't see anything on WRAL's website that says conclusively that Apple has picked the Triangle, and I haven't seen or read anything anywhere else that says that.
https://www.wraltechwire.com/2018/05...deal-imminent/

Old 06-23-2018, 02:27 PM

28 posts, read 51,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akmandal View Post
What part of I care about my welfare above any retailer do you not get? I don't care if Amazon is the only retailer, as long as I get low prices and good customer service.
I'm sorry, WHERE'S the good customer service? I've had Prime for over five years now. Shipping time is significantly worse than it was when I originally signed up. If you return any items now, they will suspend your account. That's what happens when you get complacent the way you are. Your "Good customer service" has been slipping for a few years now, now that Amazon has its hooks in and has destroyed most of your other options.

Old 06-23-2018, 03:06 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,454,017 times
What options has Amazon destroyed? If anything it's made them more viable. A few weaker retailers have died or been absorbed but the ones left are strong and provide good products at or under Amazon prices with same day pickup (yeah...you have to gasp, drive to the store!).

Amazon has driven down their prices but I just don't find Amazon taking over the retail world like their market capitalization would lead you to believe.

As of now it remains one of the only "legit" seller of Chinese trinkets but that could change overnight as well. Pretty much anything I find on Amazon I can buy on eBay.

Old 06-23-2018, 03:49 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,384,076 times
Quote:
Seriously. Government workers are the worst. Leech off society while demanding that society conform to their need for space.
That is such an ignorant statement. Here is a partial list of what you couldn't do without "government workers":

Fly in a commercial airplane
Buy a house
Attend a public school, community college or university
Drive on a street or highway
Buy a book or cd, or listen to music on the radio or internet
Have the fire department if your house catches fire
Rely on police protection or have criminals tried, sentenced and housed
Rely on our military to protect you from foreign enemies
Deposit money in a bank and know you'll get it back
Eat in 99.99% of restaurants without wondering if you'll get sick
Have your garbage picked up
Have clean water to drink and clean air to breathe
Buy gas without wondering if you're really getting the amount the pump says
Participate in the economy, because there wouldn't be one

Old 06-23-2018, 04:04 PM

119 posts, read 90,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_City_Mom View Post
If you return any items now, they will suspend your account.
Incorrect. Account suspension is reserved for cases of habitual item returns, and remains a rare phenomenon.

Old 06-23-2018, 04:49 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,728,862 times
Quote:
If you return any items now, they will suspend your account.
That's not true at all, stop making things up.

They only ban repeat offenders who habitually return things. Even then, it's not the norm but reserved for the people who are clearly gaming the system.

Old 06-23-2018, 04:59 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:
Seriously. Government workers are the worst. Leech off society while demanding that society conform to their need for space.
there are plenty of great government employees.

The poster in question also happens to have worked for large regulated utilities. So "business"/customer-focused has never been in their lexicon.

Old 06-23-2018, 05:03 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, WHERE'S the good customer service? I've had Prime for over five years now. Shipping time is significantly worse than it was when I originally signed up. If you return any items now, they will suspend your account. That's what happens when you get complacent the way you are. Your "Good customer service" has been slipping for a few years now, now that Amazon has its hooks in and has destroyed most of your other options.
No business can continue at $100/yr for free 2-day shipping when they're dealing with people that order 20+ times/year. $100 is really more like 10 shipments, TOPS (normal-sized, not heavy goods).

There are many items that you can purchase from Amazon that you WILL NOT FIND locally, at all. And there are many items that one could cast some side-eye at the thought of ordering from Amazon instead of going to any one of 20 grocery/drug/mega-retailers within 15 minutes of your house to get.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:40 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,384,076 times
Quote:
Yeah. Because only bureaucrats can do such complex things. Smh.
Shake your pretty little head all you want, the private sector can't do those things. If it was possible to privatize it at a lower cost, it would have happened already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary