Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2008, 01:02 PM

31 posts, read 92,792 times

Advertisements

Can anyone help me find custom builders in the $250k or less range, Wake Forest, Knightsville, Rollsville area? Would definately consider spec homes as opposed to starting from the ground up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2008, 01:18 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
I'm not sure you'd consider Perry Builders or Murdock and Gannon "custom builders" but I do know that they'll allow you to make some changes with the house.

Anyone that is looking to buy brand new right now is going to get a really good price IF the house is finished and just setting, costing the builder money each month.

Lennar is building in The Village of Rolesville and is offering some good incentives, but they are not custom builders.

There are quite a few smaller custom builders out in Franklinton but I'm not sure if you'd consider going out into the county. The advantage would be that you'd also get l/2 to 1 acre.

Vicki

Old 03-22-2008, 01:25 PM

31 posts, read 92,792 times
We aren't as worried about making changes if we like the basics.......we just don't want to worry about some of the quality issues, lack of oversight that sometimes (not always), happens with the mass building companies...... Thanks for the response.........any other feedback?

Old 03-22-2008, 01:34 PM

41 posts, read 229,176 times
Kim, you have a right to be concerned about the quality of construction in a lot of track builders, however there are some really good small builders as well as national builders out there who can give you quality construction with in your specific budget. If you have land already purchased in Wake Forest then you will have to use a local builder. Other wise keep your options open and you will find some builders who are doing an excellent job with in the track building arena. Moderator cut: TOS Violation

Last edited by autumngal; 03-22-2008 at 02:37 PM..

Old 04-05-2008, 10:46 AM

70 posts, read 271,035 times
We are looking at Rowland Meadows and they have custom builders in there who will build what you want at a decent price and better then track builders quality. Having been in the construction industry for the last 15 years you tend to see quality over time.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:15 PM

835 posts, read 2,877,846 times
We're are buying in Reynolds Mill in WF. With 90 years of experience, they must be doing something right. Quality thus far looks excellent. In addition, we like the layouts much better than other new affordable homes in the area. One thing we didn't like about St. Lawrence was a first floor master, and master bdrm closets are in the master bathroom. To me that is a major yuk! I don't want to go through the steamy (maybe even smelly) bathroom to get to my clothes. Wouldn't that eventually cause your clothes to smell or even become mildewy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary