Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 06:18 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,256,496 times

Advertisements

Just a PSA about an upcoming concert at Koka Booth in July, tickets on sale this Friday: The Life Tour: starring Boy George & Culture Club and The B-52s with special guest Thompson Twins

Somehow I always find out about such events when they're sold out, so thought I'd share here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2018, 07:19 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,288,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelenap View Post
Just a PSA about an upcoming concert at Koka Booth in July, tickets on sale this Friday: The Life Tour: starring Boy George & Culture Club and The B-52s with special guest Thompson Twins

Somehow I always find out about such events when they're sold out, so thought I'd share here.
I saw the email about this one, but yeah... I usually find out about good stuff after it's sold out, too.

Old 03-29-2018, 10:14 AM

806 posts, read 605,725 times
I haven't been to a concert here yet. I see the lawn seats are cheaper. I would think those would be more fun anyway for spreading out and dancing than sitting in a reserved seat?

Old 03-29-2018, 10:19 AM

3,670 posts, read 6,580,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myname_isborat View Post
I haven't been to a concert here yet. I see the lawn seats are cheaper. I would think those would be more fun anyway for spreading out and dancing than sitting in a reserved seat?
Funny you should mention it. I saw B-52's and I knew I was buying tickets for my wife and I to go (she loves their music). Her explicit instructions were to buy lawn tickets so she could dance.

Old 03-29-2018, 10:26 AM

5,901 posts, read 6,971,790 times
Quote:
I see the lawn seats are cheaper. I would think those would be more fun anyway for spreading out and dancing than sitting in a reserved seat?
It is not available at every venue or concert, but I have had good luck buying lawn seats, then "upgrading" to reserved seating once I get there. The price of the lawn ticket + upgrade charge is less than the reserved seat. Once, at Walnut Creek, I was in the lawn area enjoying the opening act, standing next to the paved walkways and one of the employees was walking through handing out free tickets to covered area.

Old 03-29-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
Funny you should mention it. I saw B-52's and I knew I was buying tickets for my wife and I to go (she loves their music). Her explicit instructions were to buy lawn tickets so she could dance.
Good to know!

Old 03-29-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
It is not available at every venue or concert, but I have had good luck buying lawn seats, then "upgrading" to reserved seating once I get there. The price of the lawn ticket + upgrade charge is less than the reserved seat. Once, at Walnut Creek, I was in the lawn area enjoying the opening act, standing next to the paved walkways and one of the employees was walking through handing out free tickets to covered area.
Interesting. I would expect the reserved seats to sell out for this pretty quickly. I notice there are terrace seats, I wonder what those will go for. Might be a good in between option if the price is right.

Old 03-29-2018, 10:38 AM

Seats at Koka Booth are not particularly comfortable anyway. If you really don't need to have a place to sit, I think lawn is totally fine.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:52 AM

11,226 posts, read 8,313,742 times
Quote:
Interesting. I would expect the reserved seats to sell out for this pretty quickly. I notice there are terrace seats, I wonder what those will go for. Might be a good in between option if the price is right.
Terrace for Koka Booth is probably BEHIND the lawn. I think that is the area with concessions, and some tables. It's covered too, IIRC.

OP, yeah, Koka is a pretty intimate place for a mid-size concert. "Similar" in size to Red Hat, but nicer IMO, due to the lawn and in general, the area is nice. Check the website, but I think they let you bring in low-boy lawn chairs, and even picnic baskets. They don't allow alcoholic bevs, but I don't recall them doing major searches either. It may be event specific, so definitely check out the rules.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Terrace for Koka Booth is probably BEHIND the lawn. I think that is the area with concessions, and some tables. It's covered too, IIRC.

OP, yeah, Koka is a pretty intimate place for a mid-size concert. "Similar" in size to Red Hat, but nicer IMO, due to the lawn and in general, the area is nice. Check the website, but I think they let you bring in low-boy lawn chairs, and even picnic baskets. They don't allow alcoholic bevs, but I don't recall them doing major searches either. It may be event specific, so definitely check out the rules.
They technically don't allow outside food or beverages.

They do allow chairs and so forth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary