Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 12:18 AM

1 posts, read 1,503 times

Advertisements

Pain management drs in Raleigh who write narcotics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2018, 03:42 AM

19,442 posts, read 27,850,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takesyourbreath View Post
Pitting aside the obvious 'motivation' that requires your query, you've got some big barriers besides finding the 'doctor' who will write the scrip.

New laws in NC limit what and when opioids can be prescribed. Opioid prescription limits take effect Jan. 1 :: WRAL.com https://www.ncmedboard.org/resources...w-the-stop-act

Pharmacies are voluntarily creating limits on the prescriptions they will fill. Insurance companies are clamping down, too.

I don't know if you need these drugs for REAL pain management or an addiction. Either way, you've got a problem, and either way, you have alternatives. Good luck.

Old 04-16-2018, 03:54 AM

735 posts, read 1,585,021 times
Quote:
Check with Rush Limbaugh, he’s bound to have one handy in every city he visits.

Old 04-16-2018, 04:08 AM

735 posts, read 1,585,021 times
Being real here, the doctor treating your pain symptoms will be the one to write the script. When I started shopping for “pain management” after dental and back surgery, the doctor quickly prescribed me rehab instead.. it worked.

Old 04-16-2018, 04:28 AM

2,771 posts, read 2,305,161 times
Quote:
What about them?

Old 04-16-2018, 07:07 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,586,292 times
Not sure your specific situation but I would suggest getting a referral from your doctor to pain management. They’ll likely want to exhaust other options first but you’ve got to start somewhere. Good luck, chronic pain is the worst!

Old 04-16-2018, 07:15 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
You'll get farther with a referral from the physician who thinks you need pain management instead of some other option.

These types of clinics do exist, but they all drug test ahead of time.

Old 04-16-2018, 03:06 PM

385 posts, read 348,955 times
Many Americans became addicted because of the previous over prescribing of opiates. These people are now being written off as disposable. I have lost two relatives to overdose this spring. They both had serious back injuries. Operations and therapy had not cured them but both were able to work and were alive until they were cut off legal drugs. No simple answers here.

Old 04-16-2018, 03:49 PM

58 posts, read 41,309 times
Default Narcotics

Yes, it is complicated. As someone that previously lived in chronic pain for some time, it is frustrating that due to abuse, those in pain have a hard time getting relief. For many, they are a life-saver. That portion of the population seems to be the loser in the latest clamor over the issue.

Old 04-16-2018, 03:59 PM

19,442 posts, read 27,850,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentsammy View Post
Yes, it is complicated. As someone that previously lived in chronic pain for some time, it is frustrating that due to abuse, those in pain have a hard time getting relief. For many, they are a life-saver. That portion of the population seems to be the loser in the latest clamor over the issue.
I get it. And I sympathize. And I have no solutions.

But it's not "the latest clamor." It's a national tragedy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary