Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 05:39 AM

1,527 posts, read 1,481,780 times

Advertisements

The plot on which this store was just built was many years ago a tattoo parlor until some real estate moron tore it down and tried to find a new use.

Well, the land was in such a bad location nobody bought it till now.

So what's wrong?

If you come from the wrong direction, it's not only hard to enter but no way to exit to continue in the same direction you came from.

You must go out the wrong way then find a place to do a U turn.

How on earth could a cockamamie setup like this be put together?

I wonder what kind of a mess will be made when the Wegman's is blended into another awful area near the Beltline on Wake Forest Road.

Are our road planners dropouts from engineering school or is this just another example of our city or DOT's reluctance to turn down a profitable building permit no matter how stupid the building plan is? We go to other states and rarely see such ignorance. in road planning.

Lidl is OK but I'd never come again if I came from the wrong direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2018, 05:53 AM

61 posts, read 51,430 times
I have been to that location. DH used to live in Germany so we drove up there to check it out, and my god what a traffic mess.

Truly, someone evil planned that entire little area there.

Old 05-06-2018, 06:15 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,728,862 times
Can we all just agree to let this thread die as it's just more belligerent mis-informed negative ranting from CapitalBlvd. Everything he's saying in his post is incorrect. That land was not a tattoo parlor and you do not have to do a U-turn to leave the shopping center.

No you don't have to go the wrong way. You can literally just drive out the back of the shopping center to Ronald Drive and there's a traffic light at Ronald Drive and Wake Forest Road. From there you can make a left turn and go back the way you came.

Apparently Wake Forest Road is your new tinderbox vendetta.

Thread reported to moderators because I'm legit tired of this crap at this point. If you hate the Triangle so much then just leave already.

Last edited by DPK; 05-06-2018 at 06:31 AM..

Old 05-06-2018, 08:19 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,844,220 times
Astonishingly, I find myself in PARTIAL agreement with CapitalBlvd (and partial disagreement with DPK, which is mildly surprising.)

I had never been in a Lidl until they opened the first one in Wake Forest. I was delighted to hear they opened this location on Wake Forest Rd. I drive there about once a week from my home in Brier Creek. I am a devoted, cheerleading fan of many of their products (particularly the produce, lamb and Norwegian salmon) and LOVE the prices.

I don't mind the U-turn. We moved here in 2012 and remain amazed how many of these setups exist in the triangle. I DO hate that entrance to Lidl on WF road. It sneaks up on you. I fear somebody pulling out of the too nearby gas station and t-boning my car. Or getting rear ended as I slow down to negotiate that entrance.

As far as approval of using that lot/land - good. They got rid of another stupid tattoo joint and added more competition to our grocery marketplace (and one that actually has adequate parking.)

Old 05-06-2018, 08:37 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,274,997 times
They're building roads which require u-turns to get anywhere in order to increase traffic flow (see the Holly Springs super street for example). So get used to it, because you're going to see more and more of it.

Another thing to add to your list of reasons to move!

Old 05-06-2018, 08:37 AM

1,737 posts, read 2,574,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
Can we all just agree to let this thread die as it's just more belligerent mis-informed negative ranting from CapitalBlvd. Everything he's saying in his post is incorrect. That land was not a tattoo parlor and you do not have to do a U-turn to leave the shopping center.

No you don't have to go the wrong way. You can literally just drive out the back of the shopping center to Ronald Drive and there's a traffic light at Ronald Drive and Wake Forest Road. From there you can make a left turn and go back the way you came.

Apparently Wake Forest Road is your new tinderbox vendetta.

Thread reported to moderators because I'm legit tired of this crap at this point. If you hate the Triangle so much then just leave already.

Simple solution: Just don't read his posts.
But let others decide for themselves.

Old 05-06-2018, 09:02 AM

22,669 posts, read 36,804,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucctgg View Post
Simple solution: Just don't read his posts.
But let others decide for themselves.
Agree. You can't report someone to the mods just because you don't like what they post about. That's why we have the ignore feature. Use it.

Old 05-06-2018, 09:19 AM

6,654 posts, read 5,592,274 times
There are way too many driveways and businesses on that section of Wake Forest Road. I agree that some access management is needed on that stretch.

Old 05-06-2018, 09:59 AM

1,527 posts, read 1,481,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
They're building roads which require u-turns to get anywhere in order to increase traffic flow (see the Holly Springs super street for example). So get used to it, because you're going to see more and more of it.

Another thing to add to your list of reasons to move!
If I ever move it will be back to NYC where there are trains and buses.

When we lived in a project in Manhattan, there were trains and buses 24/7 to get you around.

The real problem is allowing too much development and then trying to put more users on overloaded roads by using stupid engineering.

The dimwits in power cannot understand the need for rail commuter transit. A whole system was planned about 20 years ago and then allowed to disappear.

Doing one now would be way more costly.

Old 05-06-2018, 10:50 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,844,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalBlvd View Post
If I ever move it will be back to NYC where there are trains and buses.

When we lived in a project in Manhattan, there were trains and buses 24/7 to get you around.

The real problem is allowing too much development and then trying to put more users on overloaded roads by using stupid engineering.

The dimwits in power cannot understand the need for rail commuter transit. A whole system was planned about 20 years ago and then allowed to disappear.

Doing one now would be way more costly.
Wonder why NYC has one of the highest income and sales tax rates in the country..

Never mind - off topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary