Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Yay or Nay?
Yay! Bring It On! 78 50.00%
Nay! Stay Away! 78 50.00%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 08:51 AM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
Just as a warning to others, the links are NSFW.
Sorry, I should have noted that. Not obscene, just maybe not what you want on your cubical screen when the boss walks by. Thanks!

Last edited by take57; 07-25-2018 at 09:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 08:53 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
Just as a warning to others, the links are NSFW.
The context clues didn't give that away?

Old 07-25-2018, 10:14 AM

41 posts, read 60,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Are you referring to the once-a-year World Naked Bike Ride? I assume Seattle participates in the event much like here in Portland as well as elsewhere.

If you are, others should know it's all in good fun. The route is kept confidential as not to encourage 'creepier' elements from seeking it out as requested by law enforcement who monitor the event. Was this something you kept on your calendar 'save the date' while in Seattle? By the way, here's the guide the Oregonian newspaper in Portland publishes each year surrounding the event:

Want to avoid the World Naked Bike Ride? Here's how to do it
10 etiquette tips for Portland's World Naked Bike Ride

Perhaps there may have been a few Amazon employees participating in Seattle, hard to say.
No, they are taking there movement to the city and to public parks, you can walk around Seattle city and any public park naked if you are a man and you wont be arrested.

Old 07-25-2018, 10:30 AM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcuskona View Post
No, they are taking there movement to the city and to public parks, you can walk around Seattle city and any public park naked if you are a man and you wont be arrested.
I'll defer to your expertise in Seattle nakedness, other than to say I was at Steinbrueck Park near Pike St. Market, epicenter of Seattle's lifes rich pageant just a few days ago and didn't note any nudity.

In any event, I don't believe nekkidness is part of Amazon's corporate policy, which is what's germain to this thread.

Old 07-25-2018, 10:43 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,827,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
The context clues didn't give that away?
I was just making sure.

Last edited by LM117; 07-25-2018 at 10:51 AM..

Old 07-25-2018, 10:50 AM

41 posts, read 60,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
I'll defer to your expertise in Seattle nakedness, other than to say I was at Steinbrueck Park near Pike St. Market, epicenter of Seattle's lifes rich pageant just a few days ago and didn't note any nudity.

In any event, I don't believe nekkidness is part of Amazon's corporate policy, which is what's germain to this thread.
It was nice to be able to order on Amazon and get my item on the same day.

Old 07-25-2018, 02:17 PM

1,586 posts, read 1,130,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcuskona View Post
It was nice to be able to order on Amazon and get my item on the same day.

That happens now in Garner, NC. Surprised me the first time it happened. From the time I clicked "Buy", it was in my driveway 45 minutes later. So kewl and weird.

Old 07-29-2018, 07:58 AM

195 posts, read 286,147 times
Permit offers clues on Garner's 2,000-job 'Project Axis,' rumored to be Amazon

N&O Article on the same thing

Old 10-11-2018, 08:28 PM

360 posts, read 400,219 times
Wow, 17% increase on top of already inflated house prices. Seems hard to imagine.

Quote:
Raleigh is most likely to see the biggest jump in home prices, with an estimated 17.7% to 33.8% uptick if HQ2 lands in the city. The smallest increase would likely occur in New York.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alyyale.../#885a9f424e00

Old 10-12-2018, 02:36 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
that's an interesting link. The Forbes writer today cites an "Owners.com study" but doesn't link to it. Turns out, the study was actually released in May, though any actual links to the survey itself, and not just news articles with a cut-paste of the chart are proving hard for me to find. Not on their website (except as a press release that ties to the AtlantaCurbed May article), didn't tweet it out, nothing. here's the only clues we have to methodology:

Quote:
This week Owners.com, a tech-enabled national real estate brokerage based in Atlanta, released a study on the homeownership side of the HQ2 equation.

Using US Census and Data USA statistics, and a predictive model built of UC Berkeley research, analysts attempted to predict HQ2’s impact on home prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary