Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 07:58 AM

149 posts, read 515,586 times

Advertisements

what are the most reasonably priced PODS type containers (I know theres several different companies).

I have a friend moving locally (about 5 miles from her current home) this summer but she wants to start packing up, but doesn't have anywhere to put these things until the actual move. I've never used them, so not sure of the companies and prices...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 07:41 PM

169 posts, read 419,212 times
1800packrat.com is a national chain, and they are headquartered here in Raleigh.

Old 04-01-2008, 03:41 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,422,405 times
We're using PODS for our move on 4/15. We called ABF as well to get prices. Both are local franchises and prices may vary from franchise to franchise. Our POD is being delivered 4/9, picked up on 4/14 and being stored in Raleigh for a monthly fee until we are in our home (going into a furnished sublet for a couple of months)

Old 04-01-2008, 10:47 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,448,185 times
We had such a great experience with PODS, until if I had to move again, I'd go with PODS. We ordered two units that were dropped-off at our home in Wilmington, and we spent probably a week loading them (to our satisfaction). It was nice having the luxury of packing things like I wanted them packed, and loading the PODS ourselves. We also loaded them in the order of how they'd need to be unloaded -- ie. the beds went on last.

The PODS were delivered on time, picked up on time, and arrived at the apartment in Cary as scheduled. As opposed to prior moves, with professional movers no less, nothing arrived damaged, and everything was in the POD.

We had the advantage of being able to unload the two PODS according to our schedule, too, and they sat, unobtrusively, in the driveway in front of the double-car garage, so it was easy-in, easy-out with our things.

The price was more than reasonable, I thought, and much cheaper than contracting with a professional mover to help us get from Wilmington to Cary. If some items are too heavy for you to handle yourselves, you may be able to find some strong young men on a college campus, who will be willing to help for an afternoon in exchange for some pizza and spending $$.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:02 PM

28 posts, read 117,307 times
My husband and I are currently looking at the Relocubes from ABF. For us (moving from Arizona to NC), the price was over $1000 cheaper than PODS! The only weird thing I'm finding is that you have to purchase furniture pads as they don't have them available to rent.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:21 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,147,676 times
My neighbors just packed up in to a couple of boxes from Smart Box. I don't know how their prices are, but that is another option in this area.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:24 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,603,652 times
PODS Inc was the cheapest option when I needed them July 2006 in Huntsville Al. I also found that the moving blankets were cheaper to buy on ebay than to buy local or rent.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:43 PM

1 posts, read 4,348 times
Packman Mobile Storage is a locally owned company in Raleigh. They have really nice units, great customer service and are priced a lot lower than the national chains.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:40 PM

2 posts, read 7,982 times
Default Mom of seven looking for best pricing and service.

I recently moved to Cary and used a Portable Storage Company called Units Mobile Storage. I did an on line quote and received a phone call with pricing within 20 minutes and also received an email quote with detailed information on pricing. The very same evening I was receiving my Unit (at the time they said I would) and also received a dozen of Roses and a box of chocolates. The level of professionalism, prompt response and customer service that I received from them and the very competitive pricing was just fantastic!!!!!!!!!! I would definitely reccomend you calling them for a move or whatever you may need a Storage Container for. I don't think you will be sorry.

Mom of seven looking for a good deal!

Last edited by sevensonsmom2000; 03-04-2009 at 12:57 PM.. Reason: I would like to provide the website that I found this company on. It is www.unitsstorage.com

Old 03-04-2009, 05:16 PM

2,698 posts, read 12,171,871 times
we used ABF U-Pack to move from San Diego to Durham and the whole process worked flawlessly. it was cheap as well.

not sure if they do just plain old storage, but if they do, i wouldn't hesitate to use them.

Mike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary