Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 05:39 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by myname_isborat View Post
Quartz. Granite has been out for a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJingle View Post
I believe China is a primary supplier of quartz. I only know of one domestic quartz supplier. With the new tariffs, quartz may quickly be replaced. Granite comes from all over the world.
Quartz will meet the same fate, because they are taking it for Granite....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2018, 05:57 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,274,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
We want our property values to be sky high without taxes, traffic, noise, or high housing costs.
More like we'd rather not see builders make deep profits building crappy houses on tiny lots at intersections of highways. We'd rather buyers not fall for lipstick on a pig.

Old 12-17-2018, 06:02 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,341,738 times
Quote:
We want our property values to be sky high without taxes, traffic, noise, or high housing costs.
Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner! Tried to rep you but apparently you have had many winning comments lately!

Old 12-17-2018, 06:09 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,384,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
More like we'd rather not see builders make deep profits building crappy houses on tiny lots at intersections of highways. We'd rather buyers not fall for lipstick on a pig.
Then don't buy them.

Old 12-17-2018, 06:13 AM

43,299 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Well, quit bawling and go develop and build houses.
Do it right, and to your personal standards.

You will be fabulously wealthy with your vision! IF you can find enough like-minded customers and investor-backing, as the builders do with their investments and efforts.

Old 12-17-2018, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Well, quit bawling and go develop and build houses.
Do it right, and to your personal standards.

You will be fabulously wealthy with your vision! IF you can find enough like-minded customers, as the builders do with their investments and efforts.
As usual I have no idea what you're talking about. My point is people buy these places at expense of their biggest investment in order to get a new house with "fancy" finishes.

It's the buyer's fault not the builder's. I'd keep building crap like that too if there were buyers and the town let me.

Old 12-17-2018, 06:24 AM

Quote:
As usual I have no idea what you're talking about. My point is people buy these places at expense of their biggest investment in order to get a new house with "fancy" finishes.

It's the buyer's fault not the builder's. I'd keep building crap like that too if there were buyers and the town let me.
What makes you think the town has a choice in whether people get granite or quartz or crown molding or fake hardwood floors?
The Towns are tied to regulations enacted by the NCGA, and NCGA favors development.

But... As usual you have no idea what either of us is talking about, no matter how much I try to help you.

It IS a bit revealing that you rant and then immediately state that you would compromise your ethics to make a buck.

Old 12-17-2018, 06:28 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,768,819 times
Honestly, if you had tons of money, you could become an investor in developers and then you can make them do it your way. Banks and investors, because they are afraid to step out of the cookie cutter mold that has worked before, push most development to be as simple as possible. So many projects in this area could have been so much better, but they could not find people to back them.

Old 12-17-2018, 06:28 AM

Quote:
What makes you think the town has a choice in whether people get granite or quartz or crown molding or fake hardwood floors?
The Towns are tied to regulations enacted by the NCGA, and NCGA favors development.

But... As usual you have no idea what either of us is talking about, no matter how much I try to help you.
The town has a choice on whether to allow residential or commercial development at the intersection of a freeway and a highway. It's not a good spot for residential development and will result in things like Bojangles being placed at locations that aren't ideal either. The people that pay the price will ultimately be the buyers, but that's their own fault I guess.

Old 12-17-2018, 06:39 AM

Quote:
The town has a choice on whether to allow residential or commercial development at the intersection of a freeway and a highway. It's not a good spot for residential development and will result in things like Bojangles being placed at locations that aren't ideal either. The people that pay the price will ultimately be the buyers, but that's their own fault I guess.
Gotta do a little homework....

Mahal Avenue, the main entrance/exit for the Brickyard is 1500 feet from the signalized intersection of 55/540.
Mahal Avenue intersects with NC55 at the signalized intersection for the Whole Foods plaza.
This is hardly at the intersection. It isn't like there will be direct access to the ramps.

And, there are outparcels for Bo Time.

I'm no Meritage apologist. But, a bit of accuracy is not out of order, methinks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary