Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 04:08 PM

3 posts, read 1,535 times

Advertisements

Hi. I will be visiting Raleigh next week. During morning rush, is there a time where parking in garages becomes a issue? Do you have recommendations best times to beat the rush hour crowd to the garages? There will a convention center event when I plan to visit. Let me know your suggestions.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2019, 05:01 PM

263 posts, read 572,611 times
Most people park in the "Performing Arts Parking Deck" (click the link to see it on Google Maps). It is immediately south of the Convention Center. Depending on the event, that deck has been known to fill up, though.

Another option is the underground deck, under the Marriott. It has a direct pedestrian entrance into both the Marriott and Convention Center without having to go outside. Here's one entrance, and here's another entrance on S Wilmington St (there's still construction around that entrance, but it's not blocked off like the street view shows). That underground deck has never filled up in its history of existence, because it's all underground and not easily recognizable as a parking deck.

Last edited by rfburns; 01-04-2019 at 05:55 PM..

Old 01-04-2019, 05:29 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,967,503 times
well, i usually park at the Campbell University Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law when i am downtown.
during Peak Times, i park and walk into the building to explain to the attendant why and for how long.
so far, no problems. it is not close to the Convention Center, but you will get your "steps" in.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ca...!4d-78.6429953

Old 01-04-2019, 09:01 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,872,630 times
I almost always find parking around there within walking distance, usually up the road from there on McDowell or around Nash Square or Fayetteville St.

Old 01-05-2019, 01:48 AM

3 posts, read 3,090 times
Here is a map of Downtown Raleigh parking decks. The Convention Center is at the R13 red circle. Not all decks are open to the public, but there are multiple options in the area.

https://www.godowntownraleigh.com/ge.../parking-decks

Old 01-05-2019, 05:59 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,931,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfburns View Post
Most people park in the "Performing Arts Parking Deck" (click the link to see it on Google Maps). It is immediately south of the Convention Center. Depending on the event, that deck has been known to fill up, though.
I've always park there, but I usually get there early to make sure I get in.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:09 AM

4,263 posts, read 4,715,503 times
Quote:
Most people park in the Performing Arts Parking Deck
Just beware that leaving the deck when a performance is over can be frustratingly slow, especially if multiple events end at the same time.

Old 01-05-2019, 09:23 AM

2,584 posts, read 1,872,630 times
I neglected to mention that that parking I mentioned, that except for a couple of concerts, I almost never had to use paid lots, which are about the same distance as the street parking I was able to find.

Old 01-05-2019, 06:04 PM

3 posts, read 1,535 times
Quote:

Another option is the underground deck, under the Marriott. It has a direct pedestrian entrance into both the Marriott and Convention Center without having to go outside. Here's one entrance, and here's another entrance on S Wilmington St (there's still construction around that entrance, but it's not blocked off like the street view shows). That underground deck has never filled up in its history of existence, because it's all underground and not easily recognizable as a parking deck.
What times do the parking deck fill up? I was thinking on parking between 7:00 and 7:30 AM. Thanks.

Old 01-05-2019, 06:22 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
plenty early, unless possibly there's a HUGE event at the Convention Center.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary