Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2020, 05:49 PM

4,261 posts, read 4,706,148 times

Advertisements

I'm guessing that Kane charges a lot per sq ft and therefore the break-even point for the NH restaurants is high. Plus, a lot of the lunch and drive-time-happy-hour clientele are still working from home.

Old 09-14-2020, 07:13 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,868,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-xyzzy View Post
I'm guessing that Kane charges a lot per sq ft and therefore the break-even point for the NH restaurants is high. Plus, a lot of the lunch and drive-time-happy-hour clientele are still working from home.
I've wondered about this too, because of course NH rent must be high, but I wonder if Kane gives anyone a break as it's in their best interest. If too many close NH won't be NH anymore. Even before CV19 there were many empty spaces, for example the Chinese place Spring Roll moved out long ago due to the expense and no one moved in since.

Actually, from what we've witnessed on a few recent weekend and even weekday night visits it's going downhill, noisy, and downscale. I think its time has come and gone and it will morph into something somewhat less that what it was only a year or two ago.

We used to go there for dinner on weekends but it's changed in a way we don't care for so we more often give it a miss.

Old 09-14-2020, 07:18 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times
I've heard that landlords generally having been giving business owners breaks around here during the pandemic.

Old 09-15-2020, 10:23 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Is Zoe's NH closed for good? The one on Falls of Neuse is also closed. I thought it was temporary.
It may not be temporary (or related to Covid-19). Zoe's sales had been decreasing for some time. They were purchased by CAVA Group last year.

Old 09-15-2020, 11:03 AM

6,819 posts, read 9,050,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
It may not be temporary (or related to Covid-19). Zoe's sales had been decreasing for some time. They were purchased by CAVA Group last year.
I wish they would hurry up already!

Old 09-15-2020, 12:13 PM

1,256 posts, read 1,182,924 times
I'm surprised that the lobster roll placed outlasted Viva Chicken. I'm bummed that Viva Chicken closed. I liked it better than Mami Nori's.

Old 09-15-2020, 12:21 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farebluenc View Post
I'm surprised that the lobster roll placed outlasted Viva Chicken. I'm bummed that Viva Chicken closed. I liked it better than Mami Nori's.
Same here. Mami Nora's has gone downhill in recent years and they now nickel and dime you for everything and the service has gotten worse.

Old 09-15-2020, 04:59 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,868,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farebluenc View Post
Am with you on all counts.

Originally preferred Mami but like Pierre said, it's gone downhill and the sanitary reviews really put me off to where I won't go. Viva was clean and strove to do well.

Am glad but also surprised the lobster place survives and I should try it sometime but was just so underwhelmed by the price and quality of the other lobster company's food truck.

Old 09-16-2020, 02:32 PM

3,644 posts, read 4,494,397 times
Gusto Farm to Street Pizza, on Wake Forest Road next to Trader Joe's, Wegmans etc has closed permanently. My sister in law worked there as a manager before cv19, but she was notified a few weeks ago they won't be re-opening. There is now a "for lease" sign on the door/window as well. It didn't last too long. I wonder how the RTP location is doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
Same here. Mami Nora's has gone downhill in recent years and they now nickel and dime you for everything and the service has gotten worse.
I agree about Mami Nora's - I haven't even been there in the last year at this point because it was going downhill even in the months before that. I doubt it has improved much in the last year. Nowadays when I want my arroz chaufa fix I just go to Alpaca on Capital.

Old 09-16-2020, 03:23 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
I've heard that landlords generally having been giving business owners breaks around here during the pandemic.
Since most commercial landlords are capitalists first, it's not a reach to assume keeping a tenant in for deferred rent is >>>> no rent at all and waiting to start back with an unknown commodity.

eg, even if Viva Chicken could only pay 10% of their rent, and they were current on March 1, Kane would rather work with them than get $0 and wait on the next restaurant concept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary