Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2008, 10:35 AM

76 posts, read 210,027 times

Advertisements

I won't give you my whole sob story but I'll say this. I'm a 22 year old from Austin - parents moved there back on December of 2006.
I've run out of things to do in Austin since I prefer to find better things to do than drink and party.
so I'm considering making the move to go to NCSU in the Fall or Spring.

I found this apartment - The Reserve at Lake Lynn - Apartments in Raleigh

Anyone have any experience?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 10:57 AM

563 posts, read 956,784 times
There are a lot of apartments much closer to NCSU that these Lake Lynn Apts.

Old 04-11-2008, 11:01 AM

2 posts, read 8,774 times
There are a lot of closer ones to NCSU. However, if you are looking to live in a more quiet environment I would suggest not living near the college. A friend of mine used to live in an apartment community off of Leesville Rd. and it was very nice. Access to the lake lynn greenway and very quiet. I would definitely suggest the area.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieRTP View Post
There are a lot of apartments much closer to NCSU that these Lake Lynn Apts.
Right but I wanna be close to my parents too.. they are in willow springs.. i figured this was a good middle ground.

the site didn't inform me that someone had responded so pardon the delay!

Old 04-28-2008, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephnc1975 View Post
There are a lot of closer ones to NCSU. However, if you are looking to live in a more quiet environment I would suggest not living near the college. A friend of mine used to live in an apartment community off of Leesville Rd. and it was very nice. Access to the lake lynn greenway and very quiet. I would definitely suggest the area.
I'll see what I can find. I just want to be between Willow Springs and NCS, if I move. I still haven't decided. It's all about a boy. Oi.

But I wanted to know if anyone had heard of or lived in these apartments.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:41 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,171,909 times
Check Apartment Ratings - Apartments for Rent with Ratings and Reviews from Actual Renters

Old 04-28-2008, 05:08 AM

1,007 posts, read 5,665,529 times
I lived in Lynn Lake Apartments many years ago. I liked it just fine. It had been a while since I lived in an apartment, so I was annoyed at how noisy my neighbors were though. You can hear everything. So if I were you, get the top floor. We were in the middle floor and I could hear the toilet seat flop in the middle of the night and hear people walking around. Otherwise, I really liked the location. They did have some trouble in the neighborhood awhile back.. vandalism.. and a murder at Cumberland Cove apts... that was all over the news, but that was some time ago and haven't heard any complaints since then. That can also happen anywhere.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:59 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,564,866 times
All I'll say is my son live's there now and is moving out. :-)

Old 04-29-2008, 12:09 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,100,766 times
Default Lake Lynn

Go to the major newspaper in Raleigh (can I put the name?), it's the News and Observer, and the web site is newsobserver.com. Then search for "Lake Lynn" on that site and look at the April 7 and 11 stories in the results.

I'm not saying that crime doesn't happen everywhere, but if I were you, I'd like to know what the most recent unsolved crimes were.

Old 04-29-2008, 05:05 PM

115 posts, read 464,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irr3l3vant View Post
I'll see what I can find. I just want to be between Willow Springs and NCS, if I move.
Just so you know, NC State is in Raleigh. Willow Springs is south of Raleigh and Lake Lynn is in the northwest area of Raleigh. So if you move to Lake Lynn you would not be between Willow Springs and NC State.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary