Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 05:34 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,814,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Lan View Post
I think that Sullivan's has a better steak. My last time at the Barn was probably the worst ribeye that I've ever had. Over seasoned to the hilt and the massive serrated knife was a clue to the tenderness. I prefer a sharp straight edge knife for a clean cut.
The big serrated knife is something the Angus Barn has served their steaks with since they opened. It has nothing to do with the tenderness of their steaks. If you had a bad steak, you should have sent it back considering the price. They would have probably comped your meal, because that's the type of service they offer.

I worked there more than 20 years ago. I don't eat there because I am not willing to spend that much for a meal, but I know they have high quality steaks and wonderful service. They would be very unhappy to have a dissatisfied customer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2019, 03:38 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,234,258 times
Thanks all. No doubt I'll eat at one of these.

Old 04-20-2019, 06:15 AM

9,776 posts, read 15,776,851 times
Hi Bigfoot! Nice to see you here from the Northern Virginia board. I don't have any recommendations for restaurants, but I hope you enjoy your visit here.

Old 04-20-2019, 06:58 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,063,738 times
MAXIMILLIANS GRILL, Cary, NC

In Cary. Very close to Hampton Inn at NC 54.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:40 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,234,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
Hi Bigfoot! Nice to see you here from the Northern Virginia board. I don't have any recommendations for restaurants, but I hope you enjoy your visit here.

Thanks and good hearing from you.

Old 04-22-2019, 06:26 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
The big serrated knife is something the Angus Barn has served their steaks with since they opened. It has nothing to do with the tenderness of their steaks. If you had a bad steak, you should have sent it back considering the price. They would have probably comped your meal, because that's the type of service they offer.

I worked there more than 20 years ago. I don't eat there because I am not willing to spend that much for a meal, but I know they have high quality steaks and wonderful service. They would be very unhappy to have a dissatisfied customer.
Also worked for the same group of restaurants (Mid 90's), and did a lot of work for the Eure's. Everything in this post is 100% accurate. (I also don't eat there because I won't pay that much for a steak) but they will ALWAYS make it right. Their service is one of their main differentiators, and nobody should ever leave there unhappy. If you speak the manager, it is doubtful you will.

I do still go there with clients on occasion, and it's still always top notch.

Old 04-22-2019, 06:50 AM

3,444 posts, read 2,814,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Also worked for the same group of restaurants (Mid 90's), and did a lot of work for the Eure's. Everything in this post is 100% accurate. (I also don't eat there because I won't pay that much for a steak) but they will ALWAYS make it right. Their service is one of their main differentiators, and nobody should ever leave there unhappy. If you speak the manager, it is doubtful you will.

I do still go there with clients on occasion, and it's still always top notch.
We likely crossed paths at some point. I think I left somewhere around 1994, when my son started school and I needed to work a job with hours to accommodate his schedule.

Old 04-22-2019, 08:00 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,573,449 times
You've received some great recommendations and also a few misleading comments.

If you want a great restaurant experience including some of the best (if not the very best) service, great ambiance and what has been for me a guaranteed fantastic meal, I highly recommend Angus Barn. I recall going to Peter Luger's in NYC for the first time and leaving thinking it was good, but not nearly as good as made to believe. Angus Barn has always been exactly as good. It's pricey but a memorable dining experience.

Lucky 32 is a great Southern styled restaurant and one of my favorite places to celebrate anything with my wife. The menu always changes, the options are super creative and very southern. You can also visit Tupelo Honey in Cameron Village which holds up well in comparison to Lucky 32 (though I still like Lucky 32 best).

But the Morgan Street Food Hall may be the most creative suggestion. We ate there a few weeks ago and fell in love with it. The vendors offer top of the line options, a remarkably diverse assortment of cuisines, and is super casual. If you can't find something to eat there, just go to Chargrill and grab a burger and fries.

Old 04-22-2019, 08:12 AM

6 posts, read 7,062 times
Angus Barn, hands down. The Wild Turkey lounge on the second level is awesome. Finest rare pistol collection on display I’ve ever seen.

Old 04-23-2019, 01:57 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,871,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
You've received some great recommendations and also a few misleading comments.

If you want a great restaurant experience including some of the best (if not the very best) service, great ambiance and what has been for me a guaranteed fantastic meal, I highly recommend Angus Barn. I recall going to Peter Luger's in NYC for the first time and leaving thinking it was good, but not nearly as good as made to believe. Angus Barn has always been exactly as good. It's pricey but a memorable dining experience.

Lucky 32 is a great Southern styled restaurant and one of my favorite places to celebrate anything with my wife. The menu always changes, the options are super creative and very southern. You can also visit Tupelo Honey in Cameron Village which holds up well in comparison to Lucky 32 (though I still like Lucky 32 best).

But the Morgan Street Food Hall may be the most creative suggestion. We ate there a few weeks ago and fell in love with it. The vendors offer top of the line options, a remarkably diverse assortment of cuisines, and is super casual. If you can't find something to eat there, just go to Chargrill and grab a burger and fries.

The quality of meat served at Luger's in comparison to Angus Barn is night and day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary