Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2019, 06:05 PM

848 posts, read 648,249 times

Advertisements

My family and I are looking to make an extended visit to the area, and I wanted to get opinions regarding the area west of I-40 in Chapel Hill near Millhouse Road as a possible place to stay during our visit. Any pros and cons which can be provided about the area would be appreciated. We are considering a possible relocation to the area and would be spending most of our time exploring Chapel Hill, Cary, and Durham during our visit. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2019, 08:54 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,338,660 times
It's a fairly woodsy ruralish area there. It's fine, but pretty removed from things. Are you looking at AirBnB? There's not that much else out there except a private Waldorf school, a little after school farm, and the town public works/bus lot. If that's okay with you it's an okay area, but you will be driving everywhere. There are LOTS of AirBnBs in town, some where you could walk around downtown to restaurants, shops, music, etc, w/o having to get in the car. Wouldn't be my choice, but it's a nice neighborhood, just really secluded, not in the heart of things. Maybe do a little Google Streetview drive through.

Old 05-13-2019, 10:41 PM

I appreciate the feedback! We also were looking at some places near East Franklin Street and Weaver Dairy Road in Chapel Hill. How would those areas compare? Are they fairly safe?

Old 05-14-2019, 05:37 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,338,660 times
They are fine, very safe. Weaver Dairy Road has East Chapel Hill High School on it and some nice homes and some shopping at the end near MLK Blvd. East Franklin St would be fine, but it kinda depends on where on East Franklin what the vibe would be. Up near Hillsborough and Raleigh Rd it's big old beautiful historic homes. Right downtown near Columbia St it's lots of restaurants, shops, etc. Down near Estes to Elliott to Eastgate it's more shopping centers (there's a Staples and a Whole Foods and a Trader Joes down that way).

Old 05-14-2019, 10:50 AM

Thanks, again! I really appreciate the feedback.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary