Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 04:19 PM

22 posts, read 16,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
I am not nearly as knowledgeable about all areas here as others are as I am a recent transplant myself (moved two years ago from MA).

We bought in Heritage in Wake Forest and have no regrets at all about doing so..........

Good luck with your move and search!
Thank you so much for this response, it is so helpful! I really appreciate the time you took to give me all this information. I was looking at Heritage and from what you have said, it seems like it would be a great place for us. We will definitely look into it deeper, along with other areas in WF.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2019, 05:14 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,053,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missmun View Post
Thank you so much for this response, it is so helpful! I really appreciate the time you took to give me all this information. I was looking at Heritage and from what you have said, it seems like it would be a great place for us. We will definitely look into it deeper, along with other areas in WF.
Happy to help where I (admittedly limited) can.

Its funny, we didn't start out looking in Heritage; my wife was really drawn to Bedford at Falls River in North Raleigh. Our realtor said let me show you Heritage. So we went along.

We had 5-6 "must haves" on our list; dedicated office, fenced in yard, light and bright kitchen to name a couple. The house we ended up buying had literally none of them. And it was probably the best "mistake" we could have made.

The corner we bought at has been everything and more than we could have hoped it would be (neighbors, kids, vibe etc etc etc etc etc).

Old 05-22-2019, 07:49 PM

59 posts, read 34,699 times
Moved from Riverdale, The Bronx NYC in 2011. Check out Cary,especially West Cary which feeds into Green Hope or Panther Creek H. S. Many NY families here Welcome to N.C

Old 05-22-2019, 08:07 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
Saturnfan, I’ve missed you.
now I'll be wondering what TRSIDENT was an attempt at typing

Old 05-23-2019, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBXgal View Post
Moved from Riverdale, The Bronx NYC in 2011. Check out Cary,especially West Cary which feeds into Green Hope or Panther Creek H. S. Many NY families here Welcome to N.C
I’ve read many good things about Cary and I certainly will look into that area; it seems however, like it would be challenging to find a home in my price range

Old 05-23-2019, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
Happy to help where I (admittedly limited) can.

Its funny, we didn't start out looking in Heritage; my wife was really drawn to Bedford at Falls River in North Raleigh. Our realtor said let me show you Heritage. So we went along.

We had 5-6 "must haves" on our list; dedicated office, fenced in yard, light and bright kitchen to name a couple. The house we ended up buying had literally none of them. And it was probably the best "mistake" we could have made.

The corner we bought at has been everything and more than we could have hoped it would be (neighbors, kids, vibe etc etc etc etc etc).
I guess sometimes things just fit even when you don’t expect them to. I’ll be sure to be open to homes that may not seem like exactly what/where I want because I guess you don’t always realize what you really want until it’s staring you in the face.

Old 05-23-2019, 05:14 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Wake Forest probably makes more sense than Cary for a job in North Raleigh. You can find a house in Cary in your price range but there's really no point when you can have a better commute.

Old 05-23-2019, 05:21 AM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missmun View Post
I’ve read many good things about Cary and I certainly will look into that area; it seems however, like it would be challenging to find a home in my price range
You can find a house in Cary in your price range. But, buying it remotely will be the real challenge. "The race belongs to the swift."
People really pounce on the good stuff.
You are right about West Cary, though. $400,000 won't get you a 4 bedroom detached house west of NC 55, and west of Davis Drive will be problematical.

East of Davis Drive, it gets easier, however. But, still, it is a fast-moving sub-market. And, inventory tends to be a little older.
4 bedrooms at 2100--2300SF is out there, but you probably need a larger 4 bedroom house, maybe in the 2600--2900SF range. That narrows the selection, too.

What fun! Not.
Would you trust your husband to buy a house without you seeing it before contract, while he is settling in at the potential new position?
I've seen it done. And, it would let your family respond to market speed more quickly.

Old 05-23-2019, 05:50 AM

342 posts, read 387,831 times
I think Heritage would be a great option. There is also very little reassignment in this area, my kids have never been reassigned. We have lived in Heritage for almost 10 years and been members at the golf club for 16 years. It's a great place to raise a family. And with new sidewalks and greensways its actually very walkable to stores and restaurants.

My husband commutes to North Raleigh and it's not bad at all. Because of the proximity to 401, you can take either 401 or Capital depending on traffic.

Old 05-23-2019, 11:34 AM

3,661 posts, read 3,934,898 times
Youngsville and Franklinton are cheaper and next to Wake Forest but are in Franklin County school system which is not nearly as good as Wake.

You'll regret not renting for 6 months to decide which area you like better.

You probably just think moving a 2nd time is too big of an ordeal, but I recommend storage unit and manintenance free apartment living just for a few months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary