Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2020, 05:36 PM

80 posts, read 53,299 times

Advertisements

Wanting a one-story house, but with a large sunny yard for edible garden, chickens, in a good school district. So far the one stories I'm finding are all new development targeting retirees who don't want a yard. Currently in Holly Springs, but I'm not sure how much longer I can take the smell of the landfill. We are very happy where we are, but we are outside a lot (garden!), so I guess we are more bothered by it than people who stay indoors most of the time. I'm thinking Fuquay, Clayton I might stand more of a chance of finding what I'm looking for? So far I haven't, but didn't know if someone else had a suggestion of where I might look. Not Durham, though! Job is remote so I'd consider another part of the state if that happens to give you an idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2020, 07:40 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,827,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy_clark View Post
Wanting a one-story house, but with a large sunny yard for edible garden, chickens, in a good school district. So far the one stories I'm finding are all new development targeting retirees who don't want a yard. Currently in Holly Springs, but I'm not sure how much longer I can take the smell of the landfill. We are very happy where we are, but we are outside a lot (garden!), so I guess we are more bothered by it than people who stay indoors most of the time. I'm thinking Fuquay, Clayton I might stand more of a chance of finding what I'm looking for? So far I haven't, but didn't know if someone else had a suggestion of where I might look. Not Durham, though! Job is remote so I'd consider another part of the state if that happens to give you an idea.
Budget and size of house would help.

Old 10-06-2020, 08:01 AM

6,820 posts, read 9,056,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy_clark View Post
Why not Durham?

Old 10-08-2020, 07:45 AM

6 posts, read 1,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Why not Durham?
I would assume bc of the school district stipulation

Old 10-08-2020, 11:52 AM

281 posts, read 1,108,194 times
Sanford is not too far and there are a lot of ranches in the area with larger lot. Between Holly Springs and Cameron is a lot of land...don't think you are looking for that and I am not sure about the schools. But, Clayton, Garner and the area of Raleigh that is bordered by Ten Ten Road and HWY 42 Willow Springs area sounds to me like what you are looking for. Stu

Old 10-08-2020, 12:22 PM

773 posts, read 646,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb4017 View Post
I would assume bc of the school district stipulation
Schools in JoCo aren't any better than Durham, maybe even not as good.

Old 10-09-2020, 10:09 AM

1,586 posts, read 1,128,951 times
We absolutely love Garner. Lived here for 30 years and raised two kids. We love it here.

Old 10-10-2020, 08:34 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Budget and size of house would help.
best I can find is this post from 2 years ago ...

https://www.city-data.com/forum/rale...l#post52783659
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary