Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2020, 01:53 PM

1,204 posts, read 778,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
Not trying to be flip, but you can go look at each town's official website to find out about the community. You can look in TripAdvisor to see all the "fun things to do" there, and Google Maps can show you shopping & movie theaters, etc. Streetview is a great tool. Google Maps will even show you drive times.
Oh, come on now. That's why people come to this forum so they get the feel of the place from the real people. What's with people sending people to check Google and stuff. I am pretty sure they've already done that. Do you really think town's official website is going to put anything but praise about themselves?

If you have nothing to add, just move on. It's not like Internet is suffering from space problem. This thread will get some helpful locals' attention and if no traffic it will die off just like other million threads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2020, 02:57 PM

3,501 posts, read 6,167,647 times
I never said they shouldn't be asking questions here. I pointed them at additional sources. Obvious ones? Yes. But my years on this forum have taught me that many people *don't* use those sources.

Of course the town website will be positive. Duh. But it's a great place to find out about festivals, town-sponsored activites, links to major entertainment venues in town.

Old 09-03-2020, 03:15 PM

11 posts, read 7,914 times
I've lived in Clayton for 20+ yrs. I wanted to be in the country which I was. I liked country, country people and small towns.

Now I want to move as it's becoming nothing more than an eastern suburb of Raleigh full of sprawl and strip malls.

Old 09-04-2020, 03:53 PM

321 posts, read 257,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfreeman919 View Post
I've lived in Clayton for 20+ yrs. I wanted to be in the country which I was. I liked country, country people and small towns.

Now I want to move as it's becoming nothing more than an eastern suburb of Raleigh full of sprawl and strip malls.

Are you more disappointed in the growth in general or how the growth was managed?

Old 09-08-2020, 12:20 PM

54 posts, read 51,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusxiv View Post
Are you more disappointed in the growth in general or how the growth was managed?

I'd love to know this as well! currently looking in that area.

Old 09-08-2020, 10:52 PM

321 posts, read 257,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston5onthemove View Post
I did quite a bit of research before I moved here. Safe neighborhoods, decent schools, and the bigge: lower housing costs, are the main attraction.

A hefty downside is the commute time if you're headed towards the major job centers in Durham and Raleigh.

There is quite a bit of new growth, but from what I see, the city planners seem to be setting a reasonable course forward.

However, as a newcomer, I am sympathetic to the long-term residents who fear the quiet, rural way of life slipping away before their eyes.

Old 09-08-2020, 10:54 PM

52 posts, read 47,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston5onthemove View Post
Not OP, but I think what Clayton needs is more localized shopping areas spread out throughout the area. Single family and apartment construction is booming right now in Clayton, and the only two major areas for people to shop/eat at are along Bus 70 and in Knightdale. Both of which seem very crowded. I hate using fast food joints as examples, but the Mcdonalds, Taco Bell, and Wendy's along Bus 70 in Clayton have lines wrapped around the buildings every day, even at like 3pm. This tells me that there just aren't enough places to grab food at for the amount of people coming in. The only other major shopping area is the Harris Teeter anchored area on Buffalo/42 (which thankfully has a Publix coming in as well). Clayton needs more retail areas to combat the growing number of residential spots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary