Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2020, 02:17 PM

750 posts, read 853,084 times

Advertisements

Are we ever getting any more international direct flights?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2020, 02:42 PM

4,303 posts, read 5,983,434 times
RDU still lists SJC as a Southwest destination, but it ran all of about 8 times last summer on Sundays and hasn't come back on the schedule. I'd love a consistent nonstop on that route.

Old 01-17-2020, 06:16 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,431,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2ohzrd View Post
Embraer E175 aircraft...
I've had to fly an Embraer regional jet (not sure model, maybe someone can chime in) that was 1+2 all the way back. No classes. All the same.

I was on a single seat side, which I thought would be nice. I'm not tall, but I was too tall to sit up straight, and my head was resting against the wall the entire time.

Surprisingly, it wasn't the worst flight I've been on. I've had worse experiences on roomier and initially more impressive aircraft. Such as turbulence on a nonstop from RDU to SFO.

They're good for what they're used for, I'm a little bummed out when the plane has not been upgraded with in-flight WiFi, though!

Old 01-17-2020, 06:24 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,389,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2ohzrd View Post
Embraer E175 aircraft...
People prefer E 175....

That’s one of their better aircraft for domestic.

Old 01-17-2020, 06:26 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,389,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
I've had to fly an Embraer regional jet (not sure model, maybe someone can chime in) that was 1+2 all the way back. No classes. All the same.

I was on a single seat side, which I thought would be nice. I'm not tall, but I was too tall to sit up straight, and my head was resting against the wall the entire time.

Surprisingly, it wasn't the worst flight I've been on. I've had worse experiences on roomier and initially more impressive aircraft. Such as turbulence on a nonstop from RDU to SFO.

They're good for what they're used for, I'm a little bummed out when the plane has not been upgraded with in-flight WiFi, though!

^ that was an E145. Nothing like the 175. The 175 does have WiFi, First Class and main cabin extra class. The 175 is much larger and very comfortable.

Old 01-17-2020, 06:42 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,053,288 times
Quote:

I had to fly one of those to LGA (ironically, on topic, the only time I have ever flown AA (or at least their regional DBA carrier, American Eagle?))

Anyway, I had never been on the 1 + 2 configuration before and got the single, thinking it would be great. But like you, found it a less than ideal experience (I'm tall, but not abnormally, 6 foot 2) but I went toward the aisle rather than the wall.

Flew back from Philly once on a Delta E 175 with David Robinson....don't know how that man fit in the sit.

Not exactly seat 3K on a Northwest 747-400 back in my teenage years.

Old 01-17-2020, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
I had to fly one of those to LGA (ironically, on topic, the only time I have ever flown AA (or at least their regional DBA carrier, American Eagle?))

Anyway, I had never been on the 1 + 2 configuration before and got the single, thinking it would be great. But like you, found it a less than ideal experience (I'm tall, but not abnormally, 6 foot 2) but I went toward the aisle rather than the wall.

Flew back from Philly once on a Delta E 175 with David Robinson....don't know how that man fit in the sit.

Not exactly seat 3K on a Northwest 747-400 back in my teenage years.
Who remembers the planes with the little phones and credit card slots in the back of the headrests?

Old 01-17-2020, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Who remembers the planes with the little phones and credit card slots in the back of the headrests?
I do. What were they, ZTE? GTE?

Old 01-17-2020, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
I do. What were they, ZTE? GTE?
I wouldn't be able to tell you because Google images is overwhelmed with pictures of current products that let you mount a SMART phone on a plane headrest, LOL

I'm going to go with GTE, because this was in 1999, prior to the Bell Atlantic merger. They had a wireless segment.

Could be wrong but I only heard of ZTE once smart phones became popular. They have a great product out now called the ZTE Mobley, which is a mobile hotspot powered by your OBD2 port. I hear there was a huge demand for these as AT&T was offering some unlimited data for like $20 a month. Not sure if it's still open.

Old 01-17-2020, 06:59 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't be able to tell you because Google images is overwhelmed with pictures of current products that let you mount a SMART phone on a plane headrest, LOL

I'm going to go with GTE, because this was in 1999, prior to the Bell Atlantic merger. They had a wireless segment.
Wikipedia confirmed GTE.

That’s when I did the bulk of my life’s flying. 93-01
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary