Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2020, 10:36 AM

1,322 posts, read 1,255,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Everclear. 95% alcohol. What you dont use in hand sanitizer can be used for other medicinal purposes, particularly those related to stress.
Steep some lemon peel in the leftover Everclear and make some limoncello.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2020, 11:05 AM

18,046 posts, read 15,639,191 times
.... and just like that, starting 6 posts ago the thread went off topic.

Old 04-10-2020, 11:17 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,053,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
.... and just like that, starting 6 posts ago the thread went off topic.

LMFAO.....

You're right, the 37 posts with instructions on how to make your own masks/sanitizer and or where to buy them should have ended this thread days ago. You must have missed the convos about digital note taking, online shopping services and how to clean produce.....

Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen to C-D Triangle, the first forum in the history of forums where tangent offshoot discussions don't happen.

Old 04-10-2020, 11:23 AM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
False. Hendricks FTW. No judgement if the double shot then gets mixed with club soda and a twist of lemon or two.

If I want sody pop, I order sody pop.
But it's that crap that people put in good liquor that corrupts it.

It's almost as bad as going to a "coffee" shop and hearing a blender.

Old 04-14-2020, 08:21 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,868,871 times
I must have seen 4 different people on various news shows in the past 2 days with N95-like masks, these are not first responders or health care people. So where are they getting these masks....

Old 04-15-2020, 11:43 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times
We had a couple of old ones leftover from home renovation projects. It's usually a pretty common item you can buy at Lowe's. Not right now, of course. I sent one to a friend who is undergoing chemo and am saving the other for a nurse friend.

Old 04-15-2020, 11:58 AM

2,216 posts, read 2,936,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
I must have seen 4 different people on various news shows in the past 2 days with N95-like masks, these are not first responders or health care people. So where are they getting these masks....
Like the previous poster we always have them here in the house because we do a lot of DIY projects (sanding wood, staining, painting etc). We sent two of them to my daughter and her boyfriend.

How are people disinfecting their masks? My husband stupidly dropped mine on the floor of the car so that one, which is the one I prefer to wear, can't be used until I figure out a safe way to clean it properly.

Old 04-15-2020, 03:11 PM

545 posts, read 1,604,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post

How are people disinfecting their masks? My husband stupidly dropped mine on the floor of the car so that one, which is the one I prefer to wear, can't be used until I figure out a safe way to clean it properly.

For the molded n95 ones, I saw on TV last night about using a vegetable steamer to disinfect them. Put the steamer over boiling water in a pot, put the mask in the steamer (make sure the water level is low enough so it's not touching the steamer) and steam it for about 10 minutes. If it's the flat cloth fabric kind, you can iron them after and washing and air drying them.

Old 04-15-2020, 04:21 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Quote:
Like the previous poster we always have them here in the house because we do a lot of DIY projects (sanding wood, staining, painting etc). We sent two of them to my daughter and her boyfriend.

you can spray it with hydrogen peroxide and let it dry. Note peroxide has to be in a brown bottle so put the sprayer in the peroxide bottle.

Old 04-15-2020, 05:09 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,593,295 times
Quote:

I just wash it in the laundry and let it dry in the sun.

OOPS, never mind, mine is a fabric mask I made, I didn't realize you meant an N95
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary