Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 01:13 PM

60 posts, read 185,376 times

Advertisements

Just came across this. If it has already been posted please delete. I heard the number of requests for information/interest about buying the homes way exceed the number of living units being built. Guess this is more great news for DT Raleigh!

Blount Street Commons | Raleigh, NC (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 06:32 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,581,720 times
Wow. It just amazes me that anyone would spend that much money for a home regardless of how nice it is that is totally surrounded by ghetto.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:40 PM

337 posts, read 1,138,823 times
The Blount St.Project is hardly surrounded by ghetto. Oakwood is to the East, Peace College is to the North. Halifax Court is long gone, with upscale housing in it's place. The Seaboard warehouse area is taking off. Mordecai is also North. Nothing but government buildings to the East and South. I'll grant you that the neighborhood does get a little scary to the Southeast, but it's not that bad of a location. I think there is tremendous future potential.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:10 PM

60 posts, read 185,376 times
underpsi....this is North Blount St area.....NOT South Blount St. I will admit that S Blount is "ghetto" but we are talking about two different location. Good luck if you can find a home in that area under $400,000 in the North Blount St area!

Old 04-26-2008, 10:22 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,645,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Wow. It just amazes me that anyone would spend that much money for a home regardless of how nice it is that is totally surrounded by ghetto.
If that area is what you consider a ghetto, I'd be happy to live in the ghetto!

Old 04-26-2008, 07:30 PM

18 posts, read 43,574 times
They are way overpriced for that area. I used to live on Bloodworth St. and was very interested months ago when I heard of this place, until I saw the price!

Old 04-26-2008, 07:37 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Sounds like somebody doesn't know what they are talking about. A trip downtown may be in oder for you. That area surrounding blount street is quite nice and already very expensive.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:20 AM

266 posts, read 1,052,681 times
Default Update to 2008!

I live on Bloodworth now and the Blount Street homes are very much in line with prices in the 'hood. We do have low income housing fairly close and we do have more crime than Cary (which isn't saying much), but we think it is completely worth it. In fact, we like the fact that the area is relatively interesting most of the time.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:13 PM

635 posts, read 3,093,057 times
I can't really comment on the pricing, but I walked the entire project last Fall with my sister-in-law following a walking tour of Oakwood and never felt unsafe.

The area has several very impressive old homes that are going to be absolute gems once rehabilitated, which will only benefit the infill and neighborhood.

It's just too bad that so many of these fine old homes were lost and are now just parking lots with historic markers. I can only imagine what that street once looked like before the loss of so many of those historic mansions.

Al

Old 04-28-2008, 04:01 PM

2,086 posts, read 7,645,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by al_roethlisberger View Post
It's just too bad that so many of these fine old homes were lost and are now just parking lots with historic markers. I can only imagine what that street once looked like before the loss of so many of those historic mansions.

Al
Moderator cut: url removed shows an example of a building that was lost in this area: the Meredith College building. Such a crying shame. [img]http://******************/sad-smiley-17121.gif[/img]

At least Blount St Commons is preserving a few of the ones that were spared. I just wonder what possessed the city to allow all of those wonderful historic buildings to be razed in favor of parking lots, not even parking garages. Seems like a huge waste to me. I'm sure not all of them were beyond saving.

Last edited by autumngal; 04-28-2008 at 05:41 PM.. Reason: no blogs please, ty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary