Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 08:10 AM

387 posts, read 438,261 times

Advertisements

In order to legally mandate masks, wouldn't/shouldn't the state be required to provide them?

Or does "mask" count as pulling the collar of your sweatshirt up over your face, which I saw a kid do at Teeter yesterday and it cracked me up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2020, 09:20 AM

22,695 posts, read 36,889,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpetbutt View Post
In order to legally mandate masks, wouldn't/shouldn't the state be required to provide them?

Or does "mask" count as pulling the collar of your sweatshirt up over your face, which I saw a kid do at Teeter yesterday and it cracked me up.
Face covering is probably more accurate terminology. Also, who is really going to enforce it.

Old 04-24-2020, 09:47 AM

7,192 posts, read 6,854,222 times
I wouldn't worry about masks. Just inject yourself with a disinfectant and you'll be good to go.

Old 04-24-2020, 10:04 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,299,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
I wouldn't worry about masks. Just inject yourself with a disinfectant and you'll be good to go.
CNN's own Chris Cuomo's wife was taking bleach baths. Just as crazy right?

Old 04-24-2020, 10:23 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,066,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
CNN's own Chris Cuomo's wife was taking bleach baths. Just as crazy right?

Not arguing for bleach baths in the context of COVID....but are you really trying to equate the two in an "geez that's insane" context?

Bleach baths are actually quite common with people with tough to treat bacterial skin infections. Actually really common to treat Erythrasma and in some cases, Eczema. In fact if you get a tough to treat case of crotch rot, I'd bet your dermatologist would recommend it. To be clear, a "bleach bath" is simply adding a tiny amount of bleach to a full bath tub and soaking for 10-15 minutes. They are not straight bleach baths.

Granted, you don't have to account for Osmosis when you put bleach into your bath, as you would in say mainlining Meyer's Home Disinfectant. Have fun with your RBCs exploding.

Old 04-24-2020, 10:44 AM

599 posts, read 334,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpetbutt View Post

I'm pretty sure that counts as a legitimate face covering for the areas that are requiring them. People can wrap a t-shirt around their mouth and nose and it will count. They just want people to not be breathing all over everybody and everything.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
Not arguing for bleach baths in the context of COVID....but are you really trying to equate the two in an "geez that's insane" context?
Honestly I've never heard of it until this week, but with a bleach bath presumably there would be absorption of the bleach into your blood stream. All I'm saying is they both sound stupid to me personally - cuomo's wife says she adds a half cup of bleach of a tub of water. That's a lot of bleach. The funny thing is she plays it off like it's just "salt". Nobody should be suggesting anyone do anything like this.

https://twitter.com/tracisfine/statu...272705/photo/1

Old 04-24-2020, 11:27 AM

2,064 posts, read 1,651,751 times
Quote:
Honestly I've never heard of it until this week, but with a bleach bath presumably there would be absorption of the bleach into your blood stream. All I'm saying is they both sound stupid to me personally - cuomo's wife says she adds a half cup of bleach of a tub of water. That's a lot of bleach. The funny thing is she plays it off like it's just "salt". Nobody should be suggesting anyone do anything like this.

Really? How so?

Our so called president is an idiot, and his suggestion is far crazier and more dangerous than Ms. Cuomo's bathing rituals.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post

Our so called president is an idiot, and his suggestion is far crazier and more dangerous than Ms. Cuomo's bathing rituals.
The funny thing is the general public would be more apt to listen to a CNN anchor's wife than the current president.

The moral of the story is, nobody in the public eye (or anyone that isn't a doctor) should be giving advice on how to deal with a disease, especially one that nobody knows about.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:31 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,066,100 times
Quote:

How exactly would it get into your bloodstream? You realize that is a closed system correct? Ie when you put lotion on your skin, it doesn’t get in your bloodstream even if you have cut? Right? This is why when someone draws your blood, they have to hit a vein rather than just sticking you anywhere on your skin to get blood.....

https://www.aaaai.org/conditions-and...kin-conditions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary