Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2020, 05:52 PM

6,374 posts, read 5,484,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
google 2613 shadow hills court. off millbrook, near lead mine.
Wow.

Though I can't imagine one passing by that house en route to the state fair grounds?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2020, 05:55 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,053,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
google 2613 shadow hills court. off millbrook, near lead mine.
Couldn’t rep you, but seems like it could be a winner.

Well done

Old 04-27-2020, 06:02 PM

6,374 posts, read 5,484,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marialidia View Post
So so glad I'm not the only one! Although it sounds like you are better at it than I.

Tax record searches, street signs, google maps...

At first the discovery that the "list it!" was fake, ruined the show for me. But I made myself get over it (the show is too much fun) by now watching their faces at the decision point and trying to decide if they're lying.
MLS access certainly gives me an advantage. Also my cable provider notes when the original air-date was for each episode; thus factoring in that they film roughly 4-6 months before each episode first airs; I'm able to look back at what was on the market at that particular time to find the listed properties using the other context clues (most helpful being when there is a shot of the house number in frame).

I got way too excited the first time David showed them a house that I myself had also shown to buyers. That was also how I got the context of how long before the air-date each episode is filmed.

There was a fairly recent episode (first broadcast Dec 2019, filmed Summer 2019) where a couple in Wake Forest did choose "list it" (a surprising choice since it was a large home that Hilary updated exactly how they wanted) and it was actually listed and sold a few months later. The couple however did not buy any of the houses David showed them; but but bought a new build in Heritage.

Old 04-27-2020, 06:52 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
I have a weird obsession with maps and streetview. When we first moved here I spent an absurd amount of time on google maps and loved every minute of it.
ME TOO. I should have been a cartographer.

The best thing about our research was the map I got from AAA which was JUST Wake County - every street in the county. It was great.

Apparently we are not the only ones judging by this thread.

Old 04-27-2020, 07:01 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,053,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post

The best thing about our research was the map I got from AAA which was JUST Wake County - every street in the county. It was great.

Nope! My dream in life was to come back to the States for College, learn to be an Urban Planner and head back to Indonesia after graduation....

Ya that isn't how things turned out

Old 04-27-2020, 07:07 PM

888 posts, read 804,898 times
These aren’t keys this time it’s an entire neighborhood?

Old 04-27-2020, 07:21 PM

2,442 posts, read 2,866,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post

Me too!

Old 04-27-2020, 07:45 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times
I assume the person was being driven on Millbrook though and those houses aren’t really visible from there?

Old 04-27-2020, 08:18 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,143,800 times
A lot of people foolishly park at Ridgewood, and many get towed, but I can't imagine an Uber driver going north on Ridge Road to get to the fairgrounds. Even with traffic on Wade Ave., that route would be way out of the way.
The shopping center might have been Olde Raleigh Village, but there's really no good stretch of upscale homes between there and a straight shot to the fairgrounds.
I'm also thrown off by the description of Spanish style homes. While there are some homes in Raleigh as described, I am having a difficult time imagining a mile of these homes on a 4 lane road.
Though it doesn't seem to make much sense, I have to wonder if the answer is Ridge Road. There are tons of large home tear-downs that have occurred there over the most recent years.
https://www.google.com/maps/@35.8148...7i16384!8i8192
It also could have been that the driver took Ridge Road to Lake Boone toward the west and the Beltline.
https://www.google.com/maps/@35.8161...7i16384!8i8192
That stretch of Lake Boone Trail at least matches the 4 lane road requirement.

Old 04-27-2020, 08:57 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
on Shadow Hills ... the subdivision is Tuscan Hills. Probably one of Tuscany Construction earlier projects. That's what got me thinking there....

there's also 1 neighborhood in E. Cary that has a preponderance of these Tuscan/Spanish looking houses - at least, the tile roofs. But again, that's not "midtown Raleigh".

I wonder if somehow he was thinking about Lakes at Umstead, which has more "lodgy" feling houses but not a lot of clay tile roofs closest to the Fairgrounds, but no way you'd take any Fairgrounds Uber from anywhere that wnt past that.

I can tell you the one road wrong - Ridge Rd. Yes, there's a string of teardowns LBT from Ridge towards the Beltline, but they're nothing European/tile roof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary