Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2008, 05:26 PM

3 posts, read 5,081 times

Advertisements

Hello!

I am relocating to Raleigh-Durham from Atlanta late summer. My fiancee currently lives in Raleigh and works in Durham. He wants to live in between Raleigh and Durham. What are the mid point areas called between the two, and what are the best areas.

I am not familiar yet with what is North, South, East or west. Any help would be apprecaited. We are a young couple 29 and 30 with no children and want a place that is quiet, yet has everything we need within a short distance. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 08:57 PM

52 posts, read 132,723 times
Brier Creek, Morrisville, North Raleigh, southpoint - Choose between these areas.

Old 04-26-2008, 05:45 AM

3,311 posts, read 8,573,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillinATL View Post
Hello!

I am relocating to Raleigh-Durham from Atlanta late summer. My fiancee currently lives in Raleigh and works in Durham. He wants to live in between Raleigh and Durham. What are the mid point areas called between the two, and what are the best areas.

I am not familiar yet with what is North, South, East or west. Any help would be apprecaited. We are a young couple 29 and 30 with no children and want a place that is quiet, yet has everything we need within a short distance. Thanks!

There is really nothing in between the 2 cities as they practically bump into each other. That being said there are parts of Northwest Raleigh (next to the Durham border) that really don't seem like the "city". In fact most of the city limits of Raleigh are more suburban than urban. I echo the comments of the previous poster on where to live.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:00 PM

58 posts, read 149,296 times
Are you from the city of Atlanta or Metro Atlanta? If Metro, you might be more familiar to places like Brier Creek and Morrisville. Cary is a lot like Gwinnett County. Apex reminds me of Lawrenceville. Those are some good in between places. If the city, why not just live in Durham? Woodcroft and Southpoint are some good suburban-style neighborhoods to live in without 400,000 crossing the highways.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:11 AM

Default Thanks

Thank you all for the post. My fiance wants to live in briar creek, it seems like a very nice area. I currently live 10 minutes from downtown Atlanta in the suburb of Smyrna. Thank you for the comparision to cities in my town, I have a better understanding of what it is like.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasj View Post
Brier Creek, Morrisville, North Raleigh, southpoint - Choose between these areas.
Thank you Thomas, that helps in the search

Old 04-28-2008, 10:48 AM

52 posts, read 132,723 times
You are welcome!! My pleasure to help :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary