Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2020, 11:32 AM

343 posts, read 604,233 times

Advertisements

Hello. I will be moving to Raleigh sometime in mid-July. I am looking at renting apartments (or houses) in North Raleigh. Looking for suggestions based on safety and no or few issues with apartments/management. I know nothing is perfect but reading reviews makes you question everything that is written. A few I have looked at that seem good are Aria North Hills, Spring Forest and Perry Point. Any suggestions appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2020, 07:51 PM

1,257 posts, read 1,185,725 times
Depends on your budget.

Old 06-07-2020, 10:31 AM

Budget is up to $1300/month.

Old 06-08-2020, 06:39 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,828,538 times
This depends on where you will have to commute. You will find that there are a few commute segments where the times-of-day at a direction is bad enough that you really want to avoid them. IE: I-540 by the airport is super bad in the morning clockwise (N-bound) and contra-wise in the evening. (exits 4-6 and sometimes further). Likewise US-70/Glenwood is pretty bad inward to Raleigh in the morning, and ditto.

There are many apartment complexes all over, enough that you should be able to have a selection to choose from within an area that will ALSO result in a commute that isn't so bad.

Old 06-10-2020, 06:48 AM

Does anyone know about the Village at Town Center apartments? I have someone who wants to sublet their apartment to me. Seems like it is in a good location but I read reviews about drug deals going on out back and there was a news report of a shooting that killed a man last year. Not too sure about it after reading this.

Old 06-10-2020, 08:05 AM

2,218 posts, read 2,940,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie2008 View Post
Does anyone know about the Village at Town Center apartments? I have someone who wants to sublet their apartment to me. Seems like it is in a good location but I read reviews about drug deals going on out back and there was a news report of a shooting that killed a man last year. Not too sure about it after reading this.
Sorry, but I would not live there. You should look west of Capital and preferably north of 540 if that area interests you. It is safer with a lot less crime. There is a crime map that you can look at to see how much and what types of crimes are in particular areas. That might help you narrow it down a bit.

Old 06-10-2020, 08:25 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,828,538 times
The on-line reviews tend to be extreme. Really nasty ones, and super nice ones.

For hard data, look at the actual crime instances. For that check out some of the crime mapping sites.
Go to the sticky of this forum: Triangle Area Relocation Index scroll down to Crime Maps and check out the actual reported crimes.

Old 06-10-2020, 11:09 AM

North Raleigh Mom and Ed_RDNC thank you for your advice. Someone else told me the same. I will check out the sticky on the forum. That is helpful. No wonder the person wants to move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary