Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2008, 11:32 AM

108 posts, read 494,411 times

Advertisements

Okay kids and husbands. Now is the time to think about Mother's Day. Here is a quick list of things sure to please mom

A Gift Certificate to Blue Water Spa Raleigh Medical Spa - Laser Hair Removal by Blue Water Spa for a facial a massage and relaxation
I know it's what we always ask for, that's because they always make us feel great

Brunch:
Jibarra www.jibarra.net has a fantastic and unique brunch w/ a margarita bar and amazing bloody mary's

Enoteca Vin has a great constantly changing brunch menu with fresh light flavors.

Dinner:

Saint Jacques is a wonderful dining experience. Don't let the strip mall exterior fool you.

Prime Only: Sit on the patio for an early dinner with the young ones and watch the trains go by

Outings:
Pick up some kabob, hummus and pita bread from Taza Grill and head for a picnic and Durant Nature Park or Falls Dam.

Or, for the more adventurous, rent a canoe or kayak from paddle creek North Carolina Kayak, Canoe & Accessories, Kayak/Canoe Trips, Triangle, Raleigh

To give a deserving mom a break from check our catering from Chef Mario or consider a week of takeout (mom's can you imagine that?)

Great takeout includes:

Taza Grill middle eastern
San Carlo italian
cafe capistano mexican (try the fish tacos)
Bombay Kitchen Indian
CPK great salads
North Seafood great soups and grilled fish

A new business in the center at Raven Ridge and Durant has make your own pottery. Sorry I don't have the name. A mom would love something created by the hands of her little ones

Or for something really special, Jolly's Jewelers will have something amazing.

Ladies, any other ideas?

Old 04-28-2008, 12:27 PM

551 posts, read 2,287,321 times
This is Mitchell's Salon and Spa 25% off week - treat your mom to a massage, facial, mani/pedi!

Tons of restaurants are having Brunch specials - there is already another thread on that.

Check out the NC Farmer's Market in Raleigh and get Mom a huge bunch of fresh flowers for far less $$$ than you'd spend at a florist.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:42 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,821,323 times
The Raleigh Little Theatre Garden Tour (broken link) is very popular.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:23 PM

For unique beatiful flowers that last for moths try Atlantic Avenue Graden and Orchid Center.
I don't think they offer flower delivery but they are very helpful. A beaiutiful orchid could make a very nice Mother's Day Gift.

Old 05-08-2008, 02:17 PM

the make your own pottery place in North Raleigh is called Klaystation
This would make a sweet mother's day gift

Klaystation

Last edited by north_raleigh_spa_mom; 05-08-2008 at 02:17 PM.. Reason: forgot to add weblink

Old 04-17-2009, 06:44 PM

331 posts, read 1,311,168 times
Wow what great ideas from everyone! Thanks for sharing!

Old 04-19-2009, 07:59 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,093,500 times
I posted my Mother's Day gift suggestions on another thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/shopp...ml#post8338051

Old 04-19-2009, 08:04 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,281,123 times
Great post north_raleigh_spa_mom! Very helpful.

I don't want to be a downer but I wanted to point out that Enoteca Vin closed back in January.

Other Brunch Ideas 've seen advertised for Mother's Day

►Mother's Day Brunch at 101 Lounge + Cafe. 101 Lounge & Café

►Mother's Day Brunch at Nofo. Nofo Café & Gift Store

►Mother's Day Brunch at Second Empire Restaurant and Tavern. Second Empire Restaurant & Tavern

►Mother's Day Brunch at Solas. Solas Restaurant Lounge & Roof

►Mother's Day Bunch at Fleming's. Fleming's Prime Steak House & Wine Bar

Old 04-19-2009, 08:54 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,066,507 times
The BEST mother's day gift I ever got (and this is going to sound so lame to some) is a hot water dispenser installed at my kitchen sink!

But, it's all about really knowing the recipient and what they would like, as another person posted.

I drink tea and have oatmeal everyday so my kettle was constantly whistling.

Now I just go to the faucet and get my hot water instantly and immediately.

I got my first dispenser more than 6yrs ago and when we moved here that was one of the first "home improvements" we made. I can't live without it.

This year I'm hoping for the following:

-Vera Bradley Duffle for the gym (because I love Vera bags and because it's washable...which is a plus for a gym bag!)

-New gym clothes

-a chunky necklace from Kohls (or anywhere that sells costume jewelry)

-magazine subscription to Better Homes and Gardens or similar

Our plans for mother's day typically don't change. I make a big breakfast for the family (something I enjoy doing) and then in the afternoon we pack a lunch and head to a park. Dinner is something off the Grill and just a relaxing evening.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:25 AM

2,275 posts, read 6,307,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Great post north_raleigh_spa_mom! Very helpful.

I don't want to be a downer but I wanted to point out that Enoteca Vin closed back in January.
Yep, the original thread was started last year. Prime Only has closed as well.

I have no idea yet what we're doing for Mom this year. A couple of years ago we took her to Courtney's for breakfast. It was very good, but SO busy, and we had to wait a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary