Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2022, 10:09 AM

13 posts, read 10,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
Looking at the other tenants in that shopping center………Lululemon, Southern Tide, Williams Senoma, Sephora, Club Pilates etc….. I’m not sure the developer has the vision you’re looking for

It depends. Some ethnic chains have a more stereotypically upscale clientele. Eataly (one of my extreme long-shot names) is a great example of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2022, 04:47 PM

1,312 posts, read 2,950,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
they already have a store in West Cary so they figured that they didn't need two competing stores in that part of town?
Maybe I'm late to this party but the Wegman's in west Cary is at least 25 minutes from Fenton via I-40 and I don't know anyone who likes Wegman's that much. I'm 10 minutes from the west Cary Wegman's and go there once a month. Publix and Lowes are much closer.

Old 06-12-2022, 04:49 PM

1,312 posts, read 2,950,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zenome Project View Post
It depends. Some ethnic chains have a more stereotypically upscale clientele. Eataly (one of my extreme long-shot names) is a great example of that.
No way we would be fortunate enough to get an Eataly here...we aren't that major of a metro area.

Old 06-12-2022, 05:29 PM

4,324 posts, read 6,018,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2ohzrd View Post
Maybe I'm late to this party but the Wegman's in west Cary is at least 25 minutes from Fenton via I-40 and I don't know anyone who likes Wegman's that much. I'm 10 minutes from the west Cary Wegman's and go there once a month. Publix and Lowes are much closer.
Absolutely. I’m a Buffalo native who grew up on Wegmans and I live five minutes from Fenton and about 15 from the West Cary store. A Fenton Wegmans would have been my regular grocery store, while I currently only go to West Cary (or Raleigh if I happened to be in the area) maybe once every three months, if that.

Old 06-12-2022, 08:19 PM

459 posts, read 376,459 times
Stopped by, architecturally, nothing to write home about but it's very clean. It's like if North Hills Main District was designed today--which I think is rumored to be re-vamped after the old JC Penny area towers are finished. Midtown Exchange is the next one of these to be built soon. I wonder which one will be nicer to hang out in.

Still hoping The Village eventually gets a major revamp.

Old 06-12-2022, 10:10 PM

13 posts, read 10,726 times
Quote:
No way we would be fortunate enough to get an Eataly here...we aren't that major of a metro area.

Have you ever heard of the phrase "shoot for the stars in order to get to the moon"? A tact like that might not get Eataly necessarily but IMO would still potentially get a first-in-North Carolina type of anchor tenant to sign on. Note that even if the Triangle isn't technically a major metro area, our rapid population growth relative to the rest of the nation does make our market one that punches above its weight in a very similar way that Austin and Nashville does right now.

Last edited by The Zenome Project; 06-12-2022 at 10:22 PM..

Old 06-15-2022, 01:31 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,882,691 times
Quote:

NO WAY it takes 25 minutes...and that's without getting on 40, that said, I agree the decision to pull out due to the west Cary location didn't make any sense, since a lot of people that live on the other side of Cary, would literally be driving pass like 10 other grocery stores to get to it.

Old 06-15-2022, 06:37 AM

1,342 posts, read 735,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrckmtthws View Post
NO WAY it takes 25 minutes...and that's without getting on 40, that said, I agree the decision to pull out due to the west Cary location didn't make any sense, since a lot of people that live on the other side of Cary, would literally be driving pass like 10 other grocery stores to get to it.
I was over in Fenton the other day, and it's pretty far from the West Cary Wegmans, so 25 minutes doesn't sound that far off to me. Just Gooogle mapped it to check and it says if someone left Fenton now it'd take 20 to 21 minutes depending on which of the three routes it gave (19 to 21 in reverse).

I drive with a lead foot, and I usually just make or only slightly beat Google maps times, but it also takes me slightly more sometimes depending on traffic conditions, light timing, who I get behind, etc.

ETA - if I set the time to leave this afternoon around 2:30, the time ranged from 16 to 35 minutes (18 to 28 on 40)

Last edited by ITB_OG; 06-15-2022 at 07:24 AM..

Old 06-15-2022, 10:54 PM

1,545 posts, read 1,882,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITB_OG View Post
I was over in Fenton the other day, and it's pretty far from the West Cary Wegmans, so 25 minutes doesn't sound that far off to me. Just Gooogle mapped it to check and it says if someone left Fenton now it'd take 20 to 21 minutes depending on which of the three routes it gave (19 to 21 in reverse).

I drive with a lead foot, and I usually just make or only slightly beat Google maps times, but it also takes me slightly more sometimes depending on traffic conditions, light timing, who I get behind, etc.

ETA - if I set the time to leave this afternoon around 2:30, the time ranged from 16 to 35 minutes (18 to 28 on 40)
Now I don't feel like I'm speeding but it only took me like 15 minutes tops, unless I just hit every red light, that said it is a distance, which is why I hate that wegmans pulled out of fenton

Old 06-17-2022, 08:18 AM

23 posts, read 43,185 times
Triangle Food Blog is showing that Honeysuckle Gelato is now open in Fenton.
https://www.honeysucklegelato.com/fenton
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary