Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2022, 11:10 PM

374 posts, read 239,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppyHeel View Post
A lot of folks who claim to be for individualism lately still support tariffs, expanded military power, criminalization of same sex marriage, and the war on drugs, which are all just collectivist ideas from the right of the spectrum. Unless I am confusing you with someone else, I believe your posting history shows you may not be one of those hypocrites, so kudus to you on that even if we may be on different points of the collectivist/individualist spectrum.
I don't support any of the things that you have mentioned, although I don't understand how tariffs apply. I tend to support candidates on the right but I'm never fully satisfied with them either as I am more of a libertarian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2022, 06:35 AM
DPK

4,595 posts, read 5,747,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
This story was all over the news a week or so ago

https://mynbc15.com/news/local/study...ovid-mortality
Yeah that Johns Hopkins thing should be taken with a grain of salt as there were apparently flaws in its analysis to say the least:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele...inst-covid-19/

Quote:
Originally Posted by codygreen View Post
Do your own research. It's out there and published in peer reviewed journals. I'm done doing it for other people.
Nah seriously, if you are going to make those claims and continue your babbling, post some links in here citing why you are basing your beliefs on them. You can't just wave your hand because its inconvenient. That "do your own research" tag line is classic bull**** hand waving.

Quote:
Simply calling it a “Johns Hopkins study” glosses over this important distinction. A working paper is not the same as a peer-reviewed study published in a reputable scientific journal just like how a YouTube video of you getting pelted with sausages would not be the same as a full-length Hollywood movie. Basically, anyone who has access to the Internet, a laptop/smartphone, and opposable thumbs, can post a “working paper” on a website.

Old 02-13-2022, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
Yeah that Johns Hopkins thing should be taken with a grain of salt as there were apparently flaws in its analysis to say the least:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele...inst-covid-19/

Nah seriously, if you are going to make those claims and continue your babbling, post some links in here citing why you are basing your beliefs on them. You can't just wave your hand because its inconvenient. That "do your own research" tag line is classic bull**** hand waving.
I'm not going to waste my time posting links just for someone like you to critique its merits with an article from Forbes. Now its a "so-called John's Hopkins study". Is the Duke professor who said masks should no longer be mandatory in schools a "so-called Duke professor" or the Danish study that long ago found no evidence to support cloth masks a "so-called study" also?

I'm not posting the links. If you're intellectually curious, you will educate yourself and seek it out. I have no interest in changing your mind. My only interest is to add my opinion to the collective opinion of this board. No need to tell me if you've looked it up and changed your mind or not.

Our rights are given to us by God and cannot be taken away no matter what various scientific studies say at the given time.

Old 02-13-2022, 10:23 AM

428 posts, read 226,721 times
Quote:
I'm not going to waste my time posting links just for someone like you to critique its merits with an article from Forbes. Now its a "so-called John's Hopkins study". Is the Duke professor who said masks should no longer be mandatory in schools a "so-called Duke professor" or the Danish study that long ago found no evidence to support cloth masks a "so-called study" also?

I'm not posting the links. If you're intellectually curious, you will educate yourself and seek it out. I have no interest in changing your mind. My only interest is to add my opinion to the collective opinion of this board. No need to tell me if you've looked it up and changed your mind or not.

Our rights are given to us by God and cannot be taken away no matter what various scientific studies say at the given time.
So not an Individualist after all, eh?

Old 02-13-2022, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppyHeel View Post
So not an Individualist after all, eh?
You're free to believe whatever you want about me it's none of my business.

Old 02-13-2022, 05:50 PM
DPK

Quote:

Man you're some kind of special snowflake level of crazy aren't you. Just rattling off whatever and can't back it up whenever your alternative facts are poked and what does God have to do with anything science related? Pretty sure your rights are dictated by the government.

Old 02-13-2022, 07:36 PM
DPK

lol, someone (gee I wonder who) called me Karen and told me to go back to Nextdoor, adorable anonymous reputation abuse.

Old 02-13-2022, 08:57 PM

22,728 posts, read 36,946,661 times
Well the ‘Rona finally came a-calling to our household. DD has it.

Old 02-14-2022, 08:25 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,311,958 times
Really surprised that the school board is going to wait another month to vote on masks, even though two members requested a vote tomorrow.

Lindsay Mahaffey seems to just do whatever she wants.

Old 02-14-2022, 08:31 AM

3,732 posts, read 2,070,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Well the ‘Rona finally came a-calling to our household. DD has it.
Hope she gets well soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary