Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2020, 11:33 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,775,030 times

Advertisements

There are plenty of houses in Cary in your price range with the requirements you seek, but I'm not sure if you are saying you decided on N Raleigh overall or think you can't get what you want in Cary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2020, 11:44 AM

9 posts, read 5,297 times
Thank you for the reply. We are still considering Cary. Maybe I need to search a little better. It seemed like I was only coming up with homes on lots of .25 or .30, pretty close together. While that’s perfect for families with young children, at our age we want a little more space between houses. I’ll keep looking in Cary.
I’ll take any local information about pros and cons of living in Cary, HS, or N Raleigh for a couple in our situation. Thanks!

Old 10-24-2020, 04:42 PM

2,442 posts, read 2,867,800 times
OP if you are willing to look at homes that are a little older. you should check out Stonehenge and vicinity in north Raleigh. Big lots, tons of trees, and you can have a nice bike ride in the neighborhood, as well as to plenty of stores. Lake Lynn is also close by.

Old 10-24-2020, 05:58 PM

Thank you, I’ll check it out!

Old 10-24-2020, 06:02 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,814,454 times
Check out North Raleigh out Mt. Vernon Church Road area. Larger lots, older homes but well built.

Old 10-24-2020, 06:02 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,775,030 times
How big are you looking for again? There's a lot of .3-.40 acre in Cary in your price range.

Ultimately you'll probably be happy wherever you end up - this is an easy place to live. Most places are more similar than not. And you're probably beholden to the available inventory.

Old 10-24-2020, 07:48 PM

From the areas we saw, it seemed .5 acre and larger gave a decent amount of space between houses. I’ve heard others say the same about it being an easy place to live. We’re excited about that.

Old 11-02-2020, 04:39 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,562,426 times
You might consider a new build. I know several custom builders that can build beautiful ranch style homes. I used to live in Raleigh when I moved here many years ago from Connecticut. Wow that was 38 years ago. I absolutely love this area and can't imagine being anywhere else. I then moved to Wake Forest for 3 years and love it there. I've helped several of my friends move to ranch style homes there. I now live in Ironwood off 96 just north a little from Wake Forest. You get so much more land and house for your money compared to Raleigh, Cary, Chapel Hill and a few other areas. My house is not a ranch, but lives like a ranch. 3 bedrooms on the bottom floor with 2 baths. Side load garage, huge screened in porch, front porch on an acre. Custom built home. The top floor is a bonus and another bedroom and bath for guests. I rarely go up there. Anyway this is a great area and I Love it.

Debbie

Old 11-07-2020, 06:35 PM

Thanks, Debbie! I agree with you on WF. We’re excited to explore that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary