Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2021, 03:04 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,543,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
Did I miss the traffic violations in your link?

Wake County Sheriff's Office P2C
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2021, 05:20 PM

Report 21001988

quote:

Driver 1 advised that he was on US SB off ramp approaching US 64. Driver 1 advised that he
thought Driver 2`s brake lights went off and that she was beginning to go. Driver 1
advised he rear ended Driver 2.
Driver 2 advised that she was stopped at the red light on US SB off ramp approaching US 64.
Driver 2 stated she was creeping forward in order to see traffic when she was rear ended.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
high stop light flashers work!!!!

Old 03-17-2021, 07:16 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,764,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
Report 21001988

quote:

Driver 1 advised that he was on US SB off ramp approaching US 64. Driver 1 advised that he
thought Driver 2`s brake lights went off and that she was beginning to go. Driver 1
advised he rear ended Driver 2.
Driver 2 advised that she was stopped at the red light on US SB off ramp approaching US 64.
Driver 2 stated she was creeping forward in order to see traffic when she was rear ended.
No they don’t, because if you let off the brake pedal how they be on?

Also, I’m not even sure they are legal (CHMSL regulations call for a steady light) and they are super annoying to anyone behind you in stop and go traffic.

Old 03-17-2021, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
No they don’t, because if you let off the brake pedal how they be on?

Also, I’m not even sure they are legal (CHMSL regulations call for a steady light) and they are super annoying to anyone behind you in stop and go traffic.

They are legal and they flash awhile after you lift pedal..the annoyance keeps those behind me (and my grandkids' cars) alert!

People on phones need an annoyance, perhaps?

Brakes lights work normal...it's the higher, more visible one that flashes.

Yes, that off-ramp on to 64W is full of stop and go.

Been using them for over ten years!

Loads of DIY YouTube video son how to splice one in.

Old 03-17-2021, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post

If you don't have a high stop-light flasher, try this:
  1. Back up to something reflective, like a white garage door at dusk or a glass storefront in a strip mall, etc.
  2. Put the vehicle in Park
  3. Tap your brake pedal with foot to see how "sensitive" it is to your brake lights coming on, while looking in rear view mirror.
  4. Then, you can remember that pedal sensitivity when you want to be sure the driver behind knows you are stopping.
Note: In one vehicle I had a rear-view dash cam installed, and was amazed at the number of dogs in driver's laps that hit their head on windshield after their owner hit brakes abruptly.

It typically occurred in ZIPs 27513, 27519, FWIW!

Old 03-18-2021, 09:12 AM

and, another one: report no. 21002035 3/17 US1 SB exiting on to 64W!

Unit #1 collided into the rear of Unit #2.
Cary EMS responded to check out a head injury to Driver #2. Driver #2 did not go to the ER
for her injuries.

Old 01-10-2022, 10:03 AM

FYI - folks new to the area

The I-40 accidents between Mile Marker 287 (Harrison) and NC540 are getting very frequent, often more than one a day at some exits--based on what I hear/see over at:

https://www.broadcastify.com/webPlayer/8963

https://www.wral.com/traffic-cams/19604253/

Old 01-10-2022, 10:49 AM

363 posts, read 225,439 times
Seems like 15 501 coming from Pittsboro right before you get to the James Taylor bridge in chapel Hill is a common source of accidents. The speed limit goes down to 35, but no one drives within 20 mph of it and a traffic light sits just around a blind corner with traffic often backed up but not visible until the last second.

One of the biggest contributors that I see to road rage and potential traffic accidents are left lane hogs. So many people flatly refuse to keep right unless passing. It needs to be addressed but never will.

Old 01-10-2022, 02:18 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,589,525 times
I've gotten to drive in LA and Boston the last 2 months - came back to Raleigh this week and within a week already counted 10 people who drove past their exit and still exited anyways through the shoulder. People are crazy around here. Also there is zero lane discipline here and do people know how to use cruise control?? People drive at 5 under 1 minute, then speed up to 10 over the next. It's completely unpredictable.

Old 01-10-2022, 02:41 PM

363 posts, read 225,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
I've gotten to drive in LA and Boston the last 2 months - came back to Raleigh this week and within a week already counted 10 people who drove past their exit and still exited anyways through the shoulder. People are crazy around here. Also there is zero lane discipline here and do people know how to use cruise control?? People drive at 5 under 1 minute, then speed up to 10 over the next. It's completely unpredictable.
Have you noticed people in your area completely disregarding stop signs? I drive on a busy road, 15501, and day in and out I see people make a right turn at the stop sign without even slowing down. If the person in front of them goes, they're going to follow without even stopping to double check. I get that the traffic has gotten much worse, and that it can be hard to wait for an opportunity to merge, but damn. These days I expect people to not stop and I'm always on high alert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary