Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2021, 11:51 AM

20 posts, read 18,287 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am looking for a tile contractor who has experience installing Zellige tile (hand finished/glazed Moroccan tiles - see example photo) for a backsplash (140 square feet).

I have no trouble finding tile installers, but have only found one who is comfortable working with Zellige.

Thanks!

Looking for Tile Installer to Install Zellige Tile-zellige-square-4x4.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2021, 09:23 PM

4,160 posts, read 4,874,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipcorplaw View Post
Hi, I am looking for a tile contractor who has experience installing Zellige tile (hand finished/glazed Moroccan tiles - see example photo) for a backsplash (140 square feet).

I have no trouble finding tile installers, but have only found one who is comfortable working with Zellige.

Thanks!

Attachment 227809
I would contact some of the major tile company distributors and ask them for a reference since they deal directly with most of the tile contractors regularly and know their specific specialty skills.

Old 03-03-2021, 04:59 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,757,759 times
Try Neuse Tile. I used them for years on all sorts of commercial projects and have seen their vans out in front of some pretty high end new construction houses. They have multiple crews and I’m sure they would have at least one that is capable of doing those.

Old 03-03-2021, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Try Neuse Tile. I used them for years on all sorts of commercial projects and have seen their vans out in front of some pretty high end new construction houses. They have multiple crews and I’m sure they would have at least one that is capable of doing those.
This was a good call. I contacted them and they do have experience with this type of tile. Thanks!!

Old 03-03-2021, 04:41 PM

176 posts, read 239,148 times
Quote:
This was a good call. I contacted them and they do have experience with this type of tile. Thanks!!
so glad you asked this question as I've been wanting to use this tile also, but hadn't found a tile person who had experience with it. Would you mind reporting back if they do your backsplash and you're happy with them?

Old 03-04-2021, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkjewel View Post
so glad you asked this question as I've been wanting to use this tile also, but hadn't found a tile person who had experience with it. Would you mind reporting back if they do your backsplash and you're happy with them?
Will do!

Old 03-04-2021, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Will do!
thank you!!

forgot to ask you, what are you doing for the ends of your install since they don't make end pieces? Or does your space back up to walls on either side. I know some people have said they order extra as some pieces have the finish roll down the sides of the tile, but hate to order a bunch of extra just to get end caps.

Old 03-04-2021, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkjewel View Post
thank you!!

forgot to ask you, what are you doing for the ends of your install since they don't make end pieces? Or does your space back up to walls on either side. I know some people have said they order extra as some pieces have the finish roll down the sides of the tile, but hate to order a bunch of extra just to get end caps.
The ends need to be mitered. I can provide you with some photos where this has been done. Not sure where the photos are right now. I'll need to search for them.

Old 03-04-2021, 11:25 AM

Quote:
The ends need to be mitered. I can provide you with some photos where this has been done. Not sure where the photos are right now. I'll need to search for them.

Here are the photos. You'll have to miter as shown in the attached or use a trim piece (which really takes away from the look of these tiles, IMO).

Looking for Tile Installer to Install Zellige Tile-miter.jpg

Looking for Tile Installer to Install Zellige Tile-zellige-window-miter.jpeg

Old 03-04-2021, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Here are the photos. You'll have to miter as shown in the attached or use a trim piece (which really takes away from the look of these tiles, IMO).

Attachment 227876

Attachment 227877
oh- wow- thanks for the photos!! i wouldn't want a trim piece either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary