Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2021, 08:21 AM

781 posts, read 745,570 times

Advertisements

I have never been to this business, so it’s not a consumer complaint from me. If I was planning a wedding, I’d want to know about this. I have gay friends and family, so I personally wouldn’t want to patronize a place like this. I want them to have the same rights that I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2021, 08:44 AM

2,844 posts, read 2,983,968 times
I have nothing but regrets for these guys being turned down by a place due to their sexual orientation but let's be honest the market as a whole is eager to serve these folks and this business is about to be run out of town. For what? Politely declining and referring them to other venues that want their business?

Sucks this guy has opinions contrary to the health of his business but we still live in a world where some people have religious objections to gay marriage and I don't see how this wasn't expressed in the most professional way possible. These boys can't get married in a Catholic church, they didn't bother to ask, but whose up for a boycott?

And what's the rules of the road? Private businesses can do what they want if they're too big to take down like big tech but an organized take down for old luddites like this guy? Embarrassing

I hope these guys can find the fortitude to move on, I'm sure their about to get a free wedding out of this. I know some liberals can only get out of bed to post about lgbt issues but I hope this guy has a back up plan for his family cause he's about to get crushed

Old 04-11-2021, 09:10 AM

22,686 posts, read 36,866,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
I have nothing but regrets for these guys being turned down by a place due to their sexual orientation but let's be honest the market as a whole is eager to serve these folks and this business is about to be run out of town. For what? Politely declining and referring them to other venues that want their business?

d
If the business had any cojones they would put it on their website. No gay weddings. And it is the height of southern passive-aggressive behavior to offer to find them other venues. I think these two guys, when all is said and done, will be as annoyed by that as anything. As if "gay" is to be equated with "too stupid to find your own wedding venue". I don't think it was handled professionally. The owner should grow a backbone and have a conversation with the prospective clients in these cases. Total coward move having an employee email. And leaves NO DOUBT as to their intention so they can't backpeddle later, to boot.

BTW I didn't take your other post as being in support of the venue. I got what you were saying.

And I'm not sure they'll be run out of town. I'm guessing plenty of people will support them not only despite their stance but because of this.

Old 04-11-2021, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
If the business had any cojones they would put it on their website. No gay weddings. And it is the height of southern passive-aggressive behavior to offer to find them other venues. I think these two guys, when all is said and done, will be as annoyed by that as anything. As if "gay" is to be equated with "too stupid to find your own wedding venue".
I mostly agree

However I'm sure if they displayed that the mob would go after them anyway. Like I said if they're not too big to fail like the catholic church they will be taken down

Old 04-11-2021, 09:14 AM

22,686 posts, read 36,866,029 times
All my life when people have told me what God's will is I've sooooo wished I had the ability to know too. How did you obtain this knowledge?

Last edited by Yac; 04-12-2021 at 12:26 AM..

Old 04-11-2021, 10:28 AM

5,907 posts, read 6,988,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
All my life when people have told me what God's will is I've sooooo wished I had the ability to know too. How did you obtain this knowledge?
My favorite is when an athlete thanks God for winning a game. I guess God didn't like the other team very much ?

Old 04-11-2021, 10:34 AM

595 posts, read 678,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
My favorite is when an athlete thanks God for winning a game. I guess God didn't like the other team very much ?
Some comedian did a great bit on this.

“Yea, we would’ve won, but Jesus made me drop the ball. “

Old 04-11-2021, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
Well since reality unfurls according to gods plan this is in fact the case

Old 04-11-2021, 10:46 AM

43,365 posts, read 77,271,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMeEC View Post
Some comedian did a great bit on this.

“Yea, we would’ve won, but Jesus made me drop the ball. “
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lPRl8SUkrk...all-hockey.jpg

Old 04-11-2021, 04:20 PM

428 posts, read 225,482 times
I suspect these guys have sufficient critical thinking skills to not lose any sleep over the point you are trying to make.

Last edited by Yac; 04-12-2021 at 12:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary