Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2010, 05:49 AM

166 posts, read 828,663 times

Advertisements

does it take for them to respond? DH got laid off and put in a claim about two weeks ago, and he still has not heard back from them. He called and was told a case worker would get back to him as soon as his file was reviewed but that was over a week ago. He called yesterday and was on hold for 45 mins and then got hung up on.

Thanks for any insight.

B
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 09:27 AM

776 posts, read 1,685,178 times
I can recall it taking 2-3 weeks for the NCESC to get moving on my claim. I was told (when I filed) that a representative will contact me to confirm my claim. That never happened. I hadn't heard a single thing from them. I tried to call but would never get through. I then sent them an e-mail (to their customer service e-mail account from the website) and that seemed to do the trick. On the second day after sending the e-mail...I was able to file and get paid. I just explained my situation in the e-mail...I filed my claim two weeks ago, I haven't heard anything, I'm wondering if I can start filing my weekly certification. They just automatically set me up I guess after reviewing my e-mail.

There's a thread over in the NC city-data forum here...if you still can't get anywhere, I would post your questions or concerns there. jdljr is a member who is our NCESC expert and he usually gives us some general guidance and is usually on in the evenings.

Good luck!

Old 05-12-2010, 01:54 PM

249 posts, read 692,545 times
I recall that it took a couple weeks as well for me to get going on unemployment. I assume your husband filed his claim online? I did eventually get a call asking me to fax something to them. After that, I was able to file my claims and its been smooth sailing ever since.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:55 AM

324 posts, read 1,529,090 times
for my husband it was 1 week, maybe 2...for me i filed a week ago, got a note saying they needed more info, waited till tues, I called them to give the info etc that they needed and was informed it may take a couple of weeks BUT you can still do the weekly 'certification' while waiting and if you are 'approved' will get the money all at once.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:49 AM

Thank you for your posts. DH finally got through to someone yesterday and was told they are reviewing the case right now.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:53 AM

4 posts, read 6,834 times
Start to finish for my dh who was laid off in Feb was about 4 weeks before he got his first check

Old 05-14-2010, 11:47 AM

Thanks. Still waiting...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary