Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2021, 10:54 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
real Southerners would know that you don't eat fried chicken hot anyway. Room temp hours later, even refrigerated next day.
Nothing better than hitting the ice box around midnight for a couple of wings or drumsticks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2021, 01:14 PM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
Yep, it's lunch only. And I'm honestly not sure since I always either eat there or in my car or somewhere soon after. I would probably guess though that it wouldn't hold up very well like other fried foods.
Yeah, that Fried Chicken is the best. Like the old McDonalds Fries ad, nobody has ever made it home with any left. :-) They have some wicked-good Red Velvet Cake too, IIRC.

And +1 to Pierre for Mediterranian Cafe. (Mayo-lovers need not apply)

All my info is pre-pandemic, but I also like:
The Federal
The Pizza place over by Bull City Burgers and Beer (not Toro, the other one, name escapes me)
The taco place on Roxboro Road, near I-85 (Sorry for the lack of names, it's changed several times)
^^Just north of the highway, on the left.

There are probably several others I'm forgetting, but these have been long-time staples for me.

Old 06-15-2021, 01:21 PM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
LOL! Normally, I'd have to agree with you. But I have a very weird hangup with eating fried chicken (and ribs). I really, really wanna use a knife and fork. Even when I'm eating alone in my own home. No, not kidding, and yes, its embarrassing. (My mother was a very proper Brit, with table manners that could rival royalty. It's her fault.)
This made me think of Costanza:

LOL

And Pierre, you are 3 for 3 in your OP. I also agree with Sushioki (I didn't know the other two)

Old 06-15-2021, 01:54 PM

98 posts, read 107,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Yeah, that Fried Chicken is the best. Like the old McDonalds Fries ad, nobody has ever made it home with any left. :-) They have some wicked-good Red Velvet Cake too, IIRC.

The Federal
The Pizza place over by Bull City Burgers and Beer (not Toro, the other one, name escapes me)
The taco place on Roxboro Road, near I-85 (Sorry for the lack of names, it's changed several times)

There are probably several others I'm forgetting, but these have been long-time staples for me.
Pompieri Pizza is great, believe it's owned by the Bull City Burger group.

Old 06-15-2021, 02:21 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post

The Federal

Guanajuato! I have not been but it is #3 on my list of places to try so I will make it over there soon

I'm a fan of Pompieri Pizza too but I think I like Toro just a little bit better

Old 06-15-2021, 02:28 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times
A couple more that haven't been mentioned:

KoKyu/Na'Mean - sort of a weird asian fushion sandwich/taco joint that is pretty delicious!

Hutchins Garage - pretty solid pizza place next to Fullsteam/Motorco

Itaewon Grill - korean rice bowls (kinda like CAVA/Chipotle style)

Jeddah's Tea - not a restaurant but discovered them during the pandemic, really delicious tea/drinks (next to The Parlour)

Old 06-23-2021, 03:08 PM

714 posts, read 721,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM posts View Post
Very intrigued about Tomato Jake's! I had always written them off because of their name. I don't know why. It just felt like meh chain restaurant to me (also often fine for me but who needs new ones). Definitely will try them, thanks hackwriter!

The slick signage makes it LOOK like a chain, but it's not. I've had their lasagna too, and it's quite respectable. I go with a group of fellow old ladies and they are always nice to us and let us sit at their outdoor tables for as long as we want. One of my favorite places in Durham and worthy of more support (though it appears they do a bang-up takeout/delivery business too).

Old 06-23-2021, 03:11 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,593,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackwriter View Post
The slick signage makes it LOOK like a chain, but it's not. I've had their lasagna too, and it's quite respectable. I go with a group of fellow old ladies and they are always nice to us and let us sit at their outdoor tables for as long as we want. One of my favorite places in Durham and worthy of more support (though it appears they do a bang-up takeout/delivery business too).
Thanks! I'm psyched to try it.

Old 06-23-2021, 04:25 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackwriter View Post
I assumed they were a chain too. They still using playing cards to call your order?

Old 06-23-2021, 06:28 PM

6,373 posts, read 5,484,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
I assumed they were a chain too. They still using playing cards to call your order?
Yep!

Well...sort of. They have disposable paper printouts with the card value on it now instead of a real deck of cards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary