Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2021, 06:20 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,307,751 times

Advertisements

The RTP location was definitely separate before, but appears not to be now. Used to have a separate website and everything.

I've only been to the RTP and Morrisville locations, but the RTP location was faaaaar better. Completely different. Haven't been since pre-covid, but sounds like that may not be the case anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2021, 07:27 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,351,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
It's supposedly the one on Miami Rd. It doesn't have anything to do with the family splitting up, people have always liked it better.

I've been to them all and they're all the same, hit or miss like every other restaurant in the universe depending on who is there making the food. It's not like they made all the food they will ever need at one time it's not possible that a rogue staff member can eff things up at some point.
Agree, 100%

Old 06-27-2021, 08:33 PM

19,463 posts, read 27,960,447 times
We got our pizza at the Miami location, and it WAS good. Lots of pepperoni but the other 3 cheaper toppings were pretty slim. BUT the crust and sauce were terrific.

I ordered online and they gave me a pickup time about 30 minutes after. We arrived about 10 minutes early, and I let them know I was there and signed the credit card slip. They told me they would call my name when the order was ready.

15 minutes AFTER our supposed pickup time, I asked about my order. Turned out that it had been sitting on top of the ovens for who knows how long. The guy gave it to me saying "it's still hot". No apology. Not even a thank you for your business.

I'm glad others say the TW Alexander location is as good as Miami. 'cause it's unlikely I'd go back to the Miami location.

Last edited by Jkgourmet; 06-27-2021 at 08:49 PM..

Old 06-27-2021, 08:56 PM

6,662 posts, read 5,616,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
We got our pizza at the Miami location, and it WAS good. Lots of pepperoni but the other 3 cheaper toppings were pretty slim. BUT the crust and sauce were terrific.

I ordered online and they gave me a pickup time about 30 minutes after. We arrived about 10 minutes early, and I let them know I was there and signed the credit card slip. They told me they would call my name when the order was ready.

15 minutes AFTER our supposed pickup time, I asked about my order. Turned out that it had been sitting on top of the ovens for who knows how long. The guy gave it to me saying "it's still hot". No apology. Not even a thank you for your business.

I'm glad others say the TW Alexander location is as good as Miami. 'cause it's unlikely I'd go back to the Miami location.
What someone said earlier about it being hit or miss depending on who is working there. It doesn’t sound like the pizza wasn’t the problem, you just got unlucky with who you interacted with at that specific time.

Old 06-27-2021, 10:08 PM

19,463 posts, read 27,960,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
What someone said earlier about it being hit or miss depending on who is working there. It doesn’t sound like the pizza wasn’t the problem, you just got unlucky with who you interacted with at that specific time.
Agreed. But maybe the management of that location isn't doing their job.

Old 06-28-2021, 06:02 AM

43,439 posts, read 77,401,478 times
Quote:
Agreed. But maybe the management of that location isn't doing their job.

After a couple of spells of hiring 5-6 people during the week, hoping that 2 would show up on their Monday start date/time, I cannot imagine managing a beanery with a permanent sign at the door, "Now Hiring, All Positions."
Management probably never has the opportunity to do their job of customer support.

Old 06-28-2021, 07:58 AM

11,242 posts, read 8,344,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
It's supposedly the one on Miami Rd. It doesn't have anything to do with the family splitting up, people have always liked it better.

I've been to them all and they're all the same, hit or miss like every other restaurant in the universe depending on who is there making the food. It's not like they made all the food they will ever need at one time it's not possible that a rogue staff member can eff things up at some point.
The one for Miami Blvd is SPECIFICALLY for ordering slices at lunch. They stretch the slice-pizzas bigger, so it is thinner, but HUGE slices and 'just right'.

I would agree that if you order a whole pizza, my limited experience is that there is little to no difference between locations.

Side-bar, but the one in Cary (Maynard and Harrison) closed a while back, but the place that replaced it, Alex and Teresa's, is one of the best Italian restaurants in the region, if not THE best. Their pizza is pretty amazing too. Not cheap, but really good.

Old 06-28-2021, 08:15 AM

3,651 posts, read 4,522,691 times
Quote:

This exact same thing happened to me a year or so ago at the Lake Boone Trail location.

Old 06-28-2021, 08:32 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,296,819 times
I've been to the TW Alexander location, Lake Boone Trail location and Wakefield location and never had a bad pizza!

I prefer the TW Alexander location because I find the employees are the nicest!

It IS the most like NY pizza we have found in Raleigh!

Old 06-28-2021, 09:46 AM

43,439 posts, read 77,401,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
The one for Miami Blvd is SPECIFICALLY for ordering slices at lunch. They stretch the slice-pizzas bigger, so it is thinner, but HUGE slices and 'just right'.

I would agree that if you order a whole pizza, my limited experience is that there is little to no difference between locations.

Side-bar, but the one in Cary (Maynard and Harrison) closed a while back, but the place that replaced it, Alex and Teresa's, is one of the best Italian restaurants in the region, if not THE best. Their pizza is pretty amazing too. Not cheap, but really good.

All the photos of NYC at Alex and Teresa's, and when I asked how long they had been here from NYC...

"Oh, no. Direct from Naples."
And, English is certainly not the primary language in the kitchen..

Geee... NOW I want pizza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary