Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2021, 01:34 PM

19,447 posts, read 27,866,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
I do remember thinking I wanted to try their other menu items because a lot of it looked good as did the reviews. These reports have definitely solidified that we need to eat there again! So far, pizza is our only experience at Vivo and it was a solid 3/5.

If you order the shrimp scampi, ask for extra garlic. It's delicious, btw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2021, 04:35 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,874,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
I do remember thinking I wanted to try their other menu items because a lot of it looked good as did the reviews. These reports have definitely solidified that we need to eat there again! So far, pizza is our only experience at Vivo and it was a solid 3/5.
It was ours as well until we later tried some of the pasta and salad dishes, which we didn't at first as they are or were before Covid a little more expensive than others in the area, but found theirs to be better and having generous portions, as are the deserts. I like the Veal. The other thing about them that they get right that sadly some others don't is al dente.

Old 07-04-2021, 10:37 AM

2,584 posts, read 1,874,265 times
Randy's (Lake Boone) - oh my.

All this time here and never been until this weekend. Driven right past it many times on the way to Vic's or Buffalo Brothers.

If wasn't for this here community I've referred to in other posts, would have never even known this place existed.

On par with Oakbox, probably better in some ways, and so far the best I've had in the area (haven't been to Di Fara or other places yet). Pushes Vivo to second place. Dangerous knowledge given an upcoming dietary change.

Old 07-04-2021, 01:04 PM

9,781 posts, read 15,800,895 times
Was up in North Raleigh yesterday. Thanks to this thread, we picked up Randy's on TW Alexander on the way home. It was as good as the others we usually get (Guess and MLK in Durham).

Old 07-04-2021, 08:04 PM

1,459 posts, read 1,166,952 times
One thing that i'm learning from this thread that shouldn't come as a surprise...there are some serious foodies in this town.

Old 07-06-2021, 03:16 PM

6,656 posts, read 5,598,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
One thing that i'm learning from this thread that shouldn't come as a surprise...there are some serious foodies in this town.
I did a post-pandemic update of my list of favorite places to eat at in the Triangle if anybody is ever looking for some inspiration to try something new wherever they live: https://www.yelp.com/collection/YHFRujXYPqnpuVKOlYDjCA (personal favorites so YMMV)

Old 07-06-2021, 08:44 PM

1,459 posts, read 1,166,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
I did a post-pandemic update of my list of favorite places to eat at in the Triangle if anybody is ever looking for some inspiration to try something new wherever they live: https://www.yelp.com/collection/YHFRujXYPqnpuVKOlYDjCA (personal favorites so YMMV)
Thanks for posting. I'm always looking for new places with cuisine that is not on my regular go to list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary