Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2021, 06:20 AM

3,241 posts, read 3,558,263 times

Advertisements

Randy's is one of the few pizza places I can eat and not feel sick a couple hours after it. I think the sauce is amazing. I usually visit the Morrisville one (closest to home) and rarely have issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2021, 11:08 AM

374 posts, read 238,830 times
I go to the Hope Valley Road location but its the only one I've ever been to. Its been consistently good for me and I like that GrowlerGirlz is right next door. Sometimes they have music.

I think the RTP location is the original and the busiest. That was according to an acquaintance I knew years ago (10+) who used to work there. Best is probably subjective but I'd imagine they're all about the same.

Old 06-29-2021, 03:14 PM

3,651 posts, read 4,524,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
Have you ever tried Gino's in Northwest Raleigh? Not sure where that is location for you but in terms of convenience, it's almost never too busy.
I have not, it's the one at Pleasant Valley Promenade? I live between Duke Raleigh and Wake Tech-Beltline building so it's a bit farther than say Oakwood Pizza Box but still within my range of convenience! Can't go wrong with more pizza tastings under my belt

Old 06-29-2021, 04:22 PM

679 posts, read 811,561 times
I like the one on Miami Blvd because I like how they do their sausage. I'm not sure exactly what you'd call it, but it's more of a shredded style sausage instead of sliced. I don't like sliced sausage and most other pizza places I've found have sliced sausage. Does anyone know if any of the other Randy's has shredded sausage? I've tried the one on Lake Boone and theirs was sliced.

Old 06-29-2021, 04:41 PM

6,662 posts, read 5,618,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
I have not, it's the one at Pleasant Valley Promenade? I live between Duke Raleigh and Wake Tech-Beltline building so it's a bit farther than say Oakwood Pizza Box but still within my range of convenience! Can't go wrong with more pizza tastings under my belt
Yep! It’s pretty decent pizza here without the price and fuss of Oakwood Pizza Box

Old 06-29-2021, 09:15 PM

19,461 posts, read 27,969,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon12 View Post
I like the one on Miami Blvd because I like how they do their sausage. I'm not sure exactly what you'd call it, but it's more of a shredded style sausage instead of sliced. I don't like sliced sausage and most other pizza places I've found have sliced sausage. Does anyone know if any of the other Randy's has shredded sausage? I've tried the one on Lake Boone and theirs was sliced.
VERY interesting point about the sausage.

In his past (now ancient) professional life, DH owned several restaurants, one of which was a pizza restaurant. In those days, take away was MUCH less common, so full service pizza places were very common

Hence, he has preset stubborn ideas about puzza. He ALWAYS complains that the sausage is sliced. It has to be clumps and never precooked. That grease (fat) from the meat is what you gotta have. If we decide to try a new pizza place, I'll sometimes call in advance and ask if the G*d Da#m sausage is sliced or lumped.

snapdragon, you used the term "shredded". I'm thinking that is sausage that's been spread in such teeny tiny pieces that it's resembles shredded cheese. In fact, that's a fair description of what we got on our Randy's pizza. Better than sliced, but. . .

Old 06-29-2021, 09:32 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,176,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post

In his past (now ancient) professional life, DH owned several restaurants, one of which was a pizza restaurant. In those days, take away was MUCH less common, so full service pizza places were very common

Hence, he has preset stubborn ideas about puzza. He ALWAYS complains that the sausage is sliced. It has to be clumps and never precooked. That grease (fat) from the meat is what you gotta have. If we decide to try a new pizza place, I'll sometimes call in advance and ask if the G*d Da#m sausage is sliced or lumped.

snapdragon, you used the term "shredded". I'm thinking that is sausage that's been spread in such teeny tiny pieces that it's resembles shredded cheese. In fact, that's a fair description of what we got on our Randy's pizza. Better than sliced, but. . .
I with you guys on that one. I preferred the crumbled sausage over the sliced sausage anyday. Best if it's italian sausage.

Old 06-30-2021, 12:56 PM

679 posts, read 811,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
I with you guys on that one. I preferred the crumbled sausage over the sliced sausage anyday. Best if it's italian sausage.
Yes exactly! Shredded, crumbled - love them both. Get that sliced sausage outta here! I would consider the sausage from Mellow Mushroom to be crumbled but that's the only other pizza place I've found that isn't sliced.

Old 06-30-2021, 04:26 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,176,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon12 View Post
Yes exactly! Shredded, crumbled - love them both. Get that sliced sausage outta here! I would consider the sausage from Mellow Mushroom to be crumbled but that's the only other pizza place I've found that isn't sliced.
Slice of New York Pizza at Brier Creek also has the crumbled sausage, and it's also pretty good.

Old 07-01-2021, 07:03 AM

19,461 posts, read 27,969,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
Slice of New York Pizza at Brier Creek also has the crumbled sausage, and it's also pretty good.
That want true a few years ago, but we'd try it again if they are!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary