Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2021, 11:32 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,313,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot002 View Post
^ Alston Ridge is not far away either, five more minutes drive. And it's much less crowded. Parkside have too many businesses in one district.
Business travelers eat at restaurants and go drinking. Loads of options all walkable right within Parkside. Plus Target, bowling, movies, etc.

The Courtyard at Parkside is really close to where the Apple campus will be - may be walkable. You theoretically wouldn't even need a rental car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2021, 11:43 AM

643 posts, read 361,332 times
^Anyway they're the two options for them which only list miles away.

Last edited by shoot002; 11-08-2021 at 11:44 AM.. Reason: on both sides of Hwy 55

Old 11-09-2021, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Business travelers eat at restaurants and go drinking. Loads of options all walkable right within Parkside. Plus Target, bowling, movies, etc.

The Courtyard at Parkside is really close to where the Apple campus will be - may be walkable. You theoretically wouldn't even need a rental car.
Alston ridge is like a smaller parkside, restaurant, bar, groceries, bank, gym, pet store, pediatric, etc. business travelers probably don’t have time to play bowling or go to cinema. So it’s enough for them already.

Old 11-09-2021, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Alston ridge is like a smaller parkside, restaurant, bar, groceries, bank, gym, pet store, pediatric, etc. business travelers probably don’t have time to play bowling or go to cinema. So it’s enough for them already.
I don't even know what Alston Ridge is - I've only heard of the schools. Is that where Whole Foods is?

Is it this? https://www.shopalstontowncenter.com/directory

If so I'm sorry but that's a tough comparison.

Old 11-09-2021, 06:11 PM
DPK

4,595 posts, read 5,748,126 times
Quote:
business travelers probably don’t have time to play bowling or go to cinema. So it’s enough for them already.
You're trying to lump all business travel into the same category. Not all business travel is just one, done, and back home. Before the pandemic we had a range of travel at our company. Some people could be here for days or weeks. It depends on the job function.

I've done business travel and some days after work you just want to go back to your hotel room, unwind, and mentally check out with something that's not work related. I've done both movies and bowling before in situations like that. I think I saw three movies in a row once before as I had nothing else to do one time.

Old 11-09-2021, 06:36 PM

9,156 posts, read 14,819,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
You're trying to lump all business travel into the same category. Not all business travel is just one, done, and back home. Before the pandemic we had a range of travel at our company. Some people could be here for days or weeks. It depends on the job function.

I've done business travel and some days after work you just want to go back to your hotel room, unwind, and mentally check out with something that's not work related. I've done both movies and bowling before in situations like that. I think I saw three movies in a row once before as I had nothing else to do one time.
Exactly. Stay somewhere for even 3-4 days and all the people there at the office have their daily lives to go back to and it gets boring pretty quickly.

Old 11-09-2021, 06:44 PM

I have never done business travel. It’s still like attending a conference in my mind.

Old 11-09-2021, 07:45 PM

3,397 posts, read 7,791,405 times
Quote:
Of course there's brand loyalty which is probably what they're going after.
For heavy travelers, getting points/miles with the chain they are tied into is going to trump almost everything else. As long as the hotel itself is decent and there’s options within a short drive, walkability is probably not a game changer for a big chunk of business travelers. They’ve still got a handful of food options at the shopping center. If they are there a few days, driving over to the bowl/cinema place is easy.

Old 11-09-2021, 09:54 PM

Quote:
I don't even know what Alston Ridge is - I've only heard of the schools. Is that where Whole Foods is?

Is it this? https://www.shopalstontowncenter.com/directory

If so I'm sorry but that's a tough comparison.
Quantity wise yes, quality wise however, Alston’s businesses seem more decent, like
Whole Foods vs HT
Jeffer pediatric vs family care
Pet people vs petco
Penn station sub vs Jersey mike
La farm bakery vs potbelly
Artisan hair vs supercuts

Old 11-10-2021, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Quantity wise yes, quality wise however, Alston’s businesses seem more decent, like
Whole Foods vs HT
Jeffer pediatric vs family care
Pet people vs petco
Penn station sub vs Jersey mike
La farm bakery vs potbelly
Artisan hair vs supercuts
None of these are places business travelers will go to, except maybe Whole Foods (and La Farm since it's in Whole Foods).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary