Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2021, 04:46 PM

1,322 posts, read 1,255,417 times

Advertisements

It's for sale and features a Star Wars themed movie theater. What I've seen the house is in "Raleigh" and I use the term loosely since it looks like there is some land and maybe a pond.

Just a curious/nosy question for the Realtors here, do you know the square footage and price? I know I can't afford it. I don't want to move.

Maybe I should get a Star Wars action figure and put it near my tv as my take on her house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2021, 05:29 PM

6,374 posts, read 5,484,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 919 rtp View Post
It's for sale and features a Star Wars themed movie theater. What I've seen the house is in "Raleigh" and I use the term loosely since it looks like there is some land and maybe a pond.

Just a curious/nosy question for the Realtors here, do you know the square footage and price? I know I can't afford it. I don't want to move.

Maybe I should get a Star Wars action figure and put it near my tv as my take on her house.
https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...il/M6387624400

8,700 sq ft total

Just under 2,000 of that is in the below grade in the basement.

Can be yours for a cool $1.55 mil.

Sadly; agent remarks note that the Star Wars figurines DO NOT convey.

Old 08-04-2021, 06:03 PM

1,322 posts, read 1,255,417 times
It's probably considered a bargain for the sq feet and amount of land. And it has a basement.

Old 08-04-2021, 06:13 PM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
Swann's mill. Makes sense, it's Raleigh but just barely and just about in Falls Lake. Definitely in the watershed. Who wants to pay $1.55 million and have to deal with a septic tank? Though I guess you have plenty of money to pay people to maintain it. Heck same goes for it being Stucco. 1993 stucco house is basically guaranteed to have some moisture damage hidden away. They better pay to have an invasive stucco inspection.

Old 08-06-2021, 06:57 AM

13,705 posts, read 12,413,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Swann's mill. Makes sense, it's Raleigh but just barely and just about in Falls Lake. Definitely in the watershed. Who wants to pay $1.55 million and have to deal with a septic tank? Though I guess you have plenty of money to pay people to maintain it. Heck same goes for it being Stucco. 1993 stucco house is basically guaranteed to have some moisture damage hidden away. They better pay to have an invasive stucco inspection.
I don't know why people act like septics are a maintenance nightmare. Whether you have a $155K house or a $1.5 Million, the maintenance is the same, call someone once every several years and have it pumped out. There isn't any DIY to it, unless you count the annual flushing of RidX before vacation.

Old 08-06-2021, 07:55 AM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,352,399 times
Quote:
Who wants to pay $1.55 million and have to deal with a septic tank? Though I guess you have plenty of money to pay people to maintain it..
Apparently, plenty of folks are happy to do so given the number of homes in the Falls Lake watershed at or above that price point. As mentioned before, septic tanks don't take a lot of maintenance: have the filter cleaned once a year, and the tank pumped ever 3 years or so.

Old 08-06-2021, 03:02 PM

3,661 posts, read 3,934,898 times
We used to spot her on the highway back in college in the late 80s.

She had a personalized plate and drove a dark Mercedes or cadillac.

Old 08-06-2021, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
I don't know why people act like septics are a maintenance nightmare. Whether you have a $155K house or a $1.5 Million, the maintenance is the same, call someone once every several years and have it pumped out. There isn't any DIY to it, unless you count the annual flushing of RidX before vacation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
Apparently, plenty of folks are happy to do so given the number of homes in the Falls Lake watershed at or above that price point. As mentioned before, septic tanks don't take a lot of maintenance: have the filter cleaned once a year, and the tank pumped ever 3 years or so.
Judging by the number of houses I see where the tanks have never been pumped and my septic guy has to dig them up due to not having risers I'm guessing a lot people just skip maintenance. And septic fields don't last forever. At some point it will start to surface and smell, then the repair field will need to be built out and used.

And yeah due to watershed rules, in a large area it's the only option.

Old 08-06-2021, 07:21 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,352,399 times
Quote:
Judging by the number of houses I see where the tanks have never been pumped and my septic guy has to dig them up due to not having risers I'm guessing a lot people just skip maintenance. And septic fields don't last forever
Those must be some really old homes with really old septic systems to be built that way. I'm sure those that weren't built with maintenance in mind, or haven't received any maintenance in 30+ years, will not be doing very well. That could be said for many areas of older homes, though.

Old 08-06-2021, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
Those must be some really old homes with really old septic systems to be built that way. I'm sure those that weren't built with maintenance in mind, or haven't received any maintenance in 30+ years, will not be doing very well. That could be said for many areas of older homes, though.
Plenty of 10 year old houses in places outside of major cities like Raleigh with no access without digging. I have a photo somewhere of a big hole they had to dig at the base of a kids play set slide on a 7-8 year old house. But yeah getting 20 plus in the county things get pretty dicey.

Also seen lots of busted covers and distribution boxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary