Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2021, 08:59 AM

2,216 posts, read 2,936,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchChile View Post
Thanks! I see them all the time now. It's one of those "oh, oh, here we come, an obligatory tipi in kids room" or like "highland cow" picture in the living room situation, lol.
I LOVE those teepees!! This grandma here would have it all decked out with fairly lights, fluffy pillows, the softest blankets, snacks and lots of books so I could read to my grandkids in it all the time.

I tried to buy one for my grandkids out in California but my son said that his boys would have it destroyed within minutes. I guess I will have to wait until my daughter (who lives in NC) has children and then have one here at my house for when they visit!

I even thought about buying them for my cats!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2021, 05:45 PM

117 posts, read 140,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerNCarolina View Post
If this was in Cameron Pond, I know exactly the one you are talking about!
It's not, but I imagine the same thing is happening many places!!

Old 08-21-2021, 10:35 AM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona8484 View Post
This is what I wonder too. For example, this home:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...78724744_zpid/

They paid $514,00 a mere 13 months ago, now they are selling for $670k. Where are these people going? Upgrading? Moving out of the area?
you've got to assume moving out. They're going to pay capital gains on ~150K.

Old 08-21-2021, 01:38 PM

6,373 posts, read 5,484,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
you've got to assume moving out. They're going to pay capital gains on ~150K.
*unless they were transferred for a job more than 50 miles away.

Old 08-22-2021, 06:16 AM

781 posts, read 743,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
*unless they were transferred for a job more than 50 miles away.
Interesting points!

Old 08-24-2021, 12:29 PM

6,373 posts, read 5,484,053 times
I must say I'm most curious about a particular house in Governors Club that is on the market now for the third time in 2021 at $2.75 million..Having actually closed the first two times at
$2.3 mil in February and then $2.4mil in May. Traditionally it is not uncommon to see listings expire/cancelled and then come back on; especially in that price range and especially in GC; but this one is unique in that it actually sold, very quickly by GC standards, both times. Doesn't look "flipped" either.

Old 08-24-2021, 06:15 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
I must say I'm most curious about a particular house in Governors Club that is on the market now for the third time in 2021 at $2.75 million..Having actually closed the first two times at
$2.3 mil in February and then $2.4mil in May. Traditionally it is not uncommon to see listings expire/cancelled and then come back on; especially in that price range and especially in GC; but this one is unique in that it actually sold, very quickly by GC standards, both times. Doesn't look "flipped" either.
has to be a ghost. a bad ghost. and seriously, I'm not kidding. Or an elaborate money-laundering scheme, though one of the owners is a retired CEO of a US company.

Old 08-25-2021, 06:46 AM

1,204 posts, read 776,196 times
Quote:

Is the buyer an individual, LLC or S-corp? I would not be surprised if it's a money laundering scheme, tbh.

Old 08-25-2021, 06:56 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,053,288 times
Quote:
has to be a ghost. a bad ghost. and seriously, I'm not kidding. Or an elaborate money-laundering scheme, though one of the owners is a retired CEO of a US company.
We got an apparent entire development up this way that has some interesting stories from that…department.

Old 08-25-2021, 07:38 AM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:

And, he bought his Barrington Park home in 2009 from Carolina Hurricane legend, Glen Wesley, whose jersey hangs in the rafters at PNC Arena.

Trivia fodder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary