Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2021, 06:07 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,059,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Street racing, just like their grandparents did in the 1950s.
I don't care whose grandparents were racing. I want it to stop before someone gets hurt. These kids race on TW Alexander. You can hear it all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2021, 09:03 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
Use care when in the area; they gather in H-Mart parking lot.

Story on WRAL today about a recent fatality.

Cary's mayor was told about it 5 mos. ago:
https://www.haroldweinbrecht.com/march-7-2021/

Scroll down to:
I received several other emails from citizens this week:
Thank you for this thread. I sometimes do late night deliveries, and have been in that area a few times late at night.

I will deny any jobs in that area from here on out.

The potential to get slammed into and destroying my car, or myself, is not worth the pay, no matter how high they might tip.

Old 08-23-2021, 01:29 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,874,561 times
Drive home from work every night on Davis, never seen anything, but I get the concern, racing can be dangerous but as far as hanging out in the parking lot....I mean I don't get the issue especially if Food Lion or H-Mart hasn't had a issue with theft are damage, then it's just people chilling.

Old 08-23-2021, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Thank you for this thread. I sometimes do late night deliveries, and have been in that area a few times late at night.

I will deny any jobs in that area from here on out.

The potential to get slammed into and destroying my car, or myself, is not worth the pay, no matter how high they might tip.
eh I drive on that road every night there's barely any cars, hell when I'm driving home from work, some times I'm the only car on the road. Soooooo I think you should at least take the route few times just to see how it is before you get all scared for what you didn't see yourself.

Old 08-23-2021, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
I don't care whose grandparents were racing. I want it to stop before someone gets hurt. These kids race on TW Alexander. You can hear it all the time.
eh I notice a lot of the cars make loud ass noise but aren't actually fast or speeding, really just loud for no reason, more so annoying people that just want you to look at their car.

Old 08-23-2021, 04:27 AM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrckmtthws View Post
eh I notice a lot of the cars make loud ass noise but aren't actually fast or speeding, really just loud for no reason, more so annoying people that just want you to look at their car.

And, now that cars have apps and software to let you choose the noise, well, yuck.

Digital vs. analog....

I miss hearing 4 barrels and 3/4 cams and 4 on the floor in cars that sound like snoring lions when they idle and roar when awakened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_LnkK0OejE

Ricers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HejHNaNqhLw

Old 08-23-2021, 06:21 AM

I'm making a sign up sheet for those who like the noise. Then they can go to your neighborhood.

Old 08-23-2021, 08:23 AM

222 posts, read 218,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrckmtthws View Post
Drive home from work every night on Davis, never seen anything, but I get the concern, racing can be dangerous but as far as hanging out in the parking lot....I mean I don't get the issue especially if Food Lion or H-Mart hasn't had a issue with theft are damage, then it's just people chilling.
The man who was killed, the guy was working two jobs to support his family when he was driving home on a Wednesday night. He was killed by an out of state teen who had been at the H Mart car rally, and at 60 miles an hour on a Preston street, blew the stop sign, and launched out onto Morrisville Parkway and killed the guy.

Old 08-23-2021, 08:54 AM

And some people will still say the kids are just having a good time.

Old 08-23-2021, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassakitty View Post
The man who was killed, the guy was working two jobs to support his family when he was driving home on a Wednesday night. He was killed by an out of state teen who had been at the H Mart car rally, and at 60 miles an hour on a Preston street, blew the stop sign, and launched out onto Morrisville Parkway and killed the guy.
My response was to the person who was bothered by people hanging out in the parking lot, as I said, I get the concern for street racing, but people just hanging and drinking in the parking lot, is just people chilling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary