Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2021, 01:02 PM

2 posts, read 2,351 times

Advertisements

First post to this forum, but thought I'd let people about two services I have experiences with. It's a long story, but wanted to give full disclosure/ First GFL Environmental. We had been Waste Industries since 2010 until GFL took them over.

We received notice (by mail) that our garbage pickup day would change from Mondays to Fridays starting the week of August 2. As that was a Monday, that meant we accumulated trash from July 27th until August 6th for GFL Environmental to pick up. We had the cans out to the street Thursday night (the 5th). They missed the pick up day. That's happened in the past, but they would sometimes come the next day: Nope.

On the 10th, I received an email with an invoice for Sept-Oct-November, so I know they can contact me as they have my email.

So I tried to call the Garner office the following Monday and held on for 25-30 minutes and gave up.. I called the Durham office and after a 5 min. hold, they said they'd email the Garner office. Friday August 13, the cans were out at the road and still GFL didn't come.

On Monday the 16th I finally got through their phone system and talked to S*****, who apologized and said she'd put in a notice to have them pickup the missed garbage on Tuesday 17: Nope. On the Wednesday I sent in a ticket from their website. I have not had any call back from GFL, nor email other than the invoice for the next quarter.

Fast forward to today, and still no garbage pickup (as of 3pm). It's been 25 days since we had garbage picked up. At this point I'm pissed and go to the BBB site and see that they were rated a 1.04 out of five with many of the similar stories. I added my review then sent my cancellation notice to GFL, and a request for reimbursement for the month of August, and to come pick up their cans.

I then signed up on line for Bullseye Waste for garbage and recycling, and with in 30 mins I received a confirmation email and said they'd drop off their cans. I emailed back and asked them if they would pick up the trash from the GFL barrel and I told them to invoice me backdated to August 1. A quick email back from them and less than one and half hours later the Bullseye Waste truck was here and took the GFL trash. Now as I am typing this, Bullseye has dropped off their cans.

It's a long story, but I'm tired of poor service and excuses, and I actually feel good about letting people know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2021, 01:27 PM

5,892 posts, read 6,958,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackFanTwice View Post
First GFL Environmental. We had been Waste Industries since 2010 until GFL took them
I had heard that GFL stood for Good F***ing Luck. From your post, it sounds like an accurate description.

Old 08-20-2021, 04:06 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,606,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackFanTwice View Post
First post to this forum. . . .
Then we'll be understanding.

Per the site Terms of Service. . .

This is not the right place for consumer complaints. Such posts present defamation issues and they don't give the other side the opportunity to present their side of the argument.

Old 08-20-2021, 04:07 PM

1,322 posts, read 1,258,427 times
Wasn't this on either WRAL or ABC-11 recently?

Old 08-20-2021, 05:05 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,229,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 919 rtp View Post
Wasn't this on either WRAL or ABC-11 recently?
CBS17 had a story about it, saying their reporter got the trash picked up.
This was in Knightdale

Old 08-20-2021, 05:51 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,358,501 times
GFL is really bad. There are a lot of others out there that are much better: Reliable Waste Management, Garcia Waste Services, and Shaw Sanitation come to mind. I'm not familiar with Bullseye Waste, but I don't doubt they are better than GFL.

Old 08-22-2021, 04:31 AM

2 posts, read 2,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
Then we'll be understanding.
Per the site Terms of Service. . .

This is not the right place for consumer complaints. Such posts present defamation issues and they don't give the other side the opportunity to present their side of the argument.

I apologize for my consumer complaint and in fairness I will post what GFL Environmental posts to each customer who sent a complaint to Better Business Bureau's for the last months. I think it's a example of their opportunity to present their side and showcase their concern for complaints. There are plenty of complaints with a average rating of 1.04 (out of five)

GFL Environmental Response
08/18/2021

*****, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We're sorry to hear about your experience. We would like to have an opportunity to review your account and address your concerns. Please send us your name, address, and issue to ****************.com so we can assist you further. Thank you.

08/13/2021

****, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We're sorry to hear about your experience. We'd like to have an opportunity to learn more about your situation and address your concerns. Do you mind sending us a message to ********************? Please include your name, address, and issue so we can look into the matter. Thank you.

08/12/2021

*****, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We're sorry to hear about your experience. We'd like to have an opportunity to learn more about your situation and address your concerns. Do you mind sending us a message to ********************? Please include your name, address, and issue so we can look into the matter. Thank you.

Repeat, repeat, repeat.

Old 08-22-2021, 01:48 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,933,225 times
No issues with GFL down here.

Old 08-25-2021, 02:45 PM

15 posts, read 12,671 times
Our house is at the bottom of a sloping cul-de-sac and when the GFL truck comes to pick up our trash an unknown liquid pours out from the corner of the truck. The smell is rancid beyond description especially when it simmers on the hot asphalt. Then I have the pleasure of watering the road to get rid of it.

Old 08-29-2021, 07:47 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,275,084 times
Same situation years ago when we bought our house. A bunch of people said "We've never had a problem" and I didn't like the online reviews but went with my husband's wishes.

Problem after problem after problem. First with cans, multiple missed pickups, trash in the street, uninterested customer service.

Switched to Bullseye, which is cheaper, and have had zero issues in years. They even take branch cuttings from my shrubs and trees.

Around the holidays the first year, I gave them Visa gift cards and made them all cookies. The next year, I didn't get out fast enough when they came by so I called. Started talking to a man, gave him my address, and he immediately said "Did you make us cookies again?!" he was so excited

I'd much rather give my money to a local company that knows their clients, actually cares about them, and does an excellent job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary